[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who were the pheneocians? Where did they originate? What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0150.jpg (95KB, 750x695px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0150.jpg
95KB, 750x695px
Who were the pheneocians? Where did they originate? What made them tick?
>>
Polish
>>
>>3017556

Pre Arab white people with Nordic features and similar DNA to modern French and Germans.
>>
>>3017556
Why did you post a picture of a Minoan girl?

It's misleading
>>
>>3017567
>>3017591
Before anyone wewuzzes, there actually is evidence linking the Phoenicians and modern Iberians.

https://www.thelocal.es/20160526/first-dna-from-ancient-phoenician-shows-spanish-ancestry
>>
File: zidane-1.jpg (115KB, 1100x619px)
zidane-1.jpg
115KB, 1100x619px
>>3017607
>mitochondrial DNA from europe found on carthaginian
European mdna is frequent in maghreb since prehistory, it has nothing to do with phoenicians being spanish

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_history_of_North_Africa
>>
>>3017556
Your picture is from a Minoan Frescos at akrotiri Made in 1650 BC, Nothing to do with Phoenicians
>>
>>3017556
They were Swedish
>>
>>3017607
>modern Iberians
>nordic
What are you on about m8? Or are we just gonna pretend white people are a single entity?
>>
>>3018119
"white" is an american invention. There's as much difference between the various ethnicities of Europe as between those of sub-saharan Africa. Consolidating people by their skin tone is the most idiotic thing ever.
>>
>>3018195
I absolutely agree. Which is why I'm going wtf towards a guy citing a study linking Iberians and Phoenicians as proof that Phoenicians were Nordic.
>>
>>3018215
Ik, got ur post.
>>
>>3018215
I think he was just saying they're of euro origin but not full on polackk Nordicism
>>
>>3017591
WE
>>
>>3017556
They were one of many Indo-European groups with their roots in the shadows of pre-history, nothing special. They lived on the coast of the Mediterranean, and weren't able to content in-land with the more war-like peoples there. With the winding down of Egyptian, Hittite, Minoan and Mycenean trading prowess, the Phoenicians found a wide area and expansive trade routes to inherit.

I don't have much to say about their lasting accomplishments other than that their alphabet was, I think, inherited by the Hebrews and the Greeks (though not totally original itself, of course), and that they possibly brought to the level of "city" Carthage and Byblos (the root of the word "Bible").
>>
>>3018363
There were semetic

The reason for their lack of inland was due to topography, not because of war. Their eastern border was all mountains.

Their accomplishments were mainly as sailors, traders, and craftsmen (wood workers, metal workers, even great farmers going by Carthage). They helped connect the Mediterranean after the collapse of the bronze age. They also were the first to circumnavigate Africa, along with the expeditions of Hanno and Himilco

Carthage was pretty influential in the West, but obviously history favors the victor so we don't hear much of their influence. They were very involved in Spain, Italy and Sicily.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.