[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is it that so many of Nietzsche's ideas have permeated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 1485009618353.jpg (38KB, 607x608px) Image search: [Google]
1485009618353.jpg
38KB, 607x608px
How is it that so many of Nietzsche's ideas have permeated the collective consciousness that its as if they are self-evident? Like if you disagree with the banal aphorism of what doesn't kill you makes you stronger then you are treated like an ideological leper. Its absurd that Nietzsche's ideas are somehow not subject to scrutiny.
>>
Don't make these kind of posts in /his/. All you will get is a single pol retard succesfully derailing the thread. Not one single person here is well read, go to /lit/ if you actually wan't to discuss this.
>>
>>3017285
i would have to argue that people do challange neitzsches ideas

neitzsche gets things wrong like anyone who tries to fit history into their world view (cough Marx). history/humanity is not that simple

However what makes neiztsche so popular is his edge. His philosophy seems natural but I feel that he was one of the few to have the balls and call out people for being cucks.
>>
>>3017285
No one belives that saying wholly though. People don't break their own bones to become ubermensh. It's a pop culture nonsense phrase taken out of its original context and watered down for the masses. Any well-read person would recognize that it is to some extent hyperbole.
>>
>>3017285
Atheists seem to hold a basically Christian morality: they believe in the equality of humanity, have moral impulses to help groups they consider victims (and who are made virtuous by that victimhood) and sometimes even that nation-states are entirely artificial compared to the universal brotherhood of man. Arguably, too, the modern science that they venerate required the Christian perspective of a soul detached from the world in order to develop
>>
>>3017691
All those things are just products of slave morality, no surprise they remain despite changing the name.
>>
>>3017285
I don't know what you mean. There's no shortage of people out there willing to criticize Nietzsche.
>>
My knowledge is nietzsche is far from perfect, but in terms of what is morally acceptable and mainstream, he is not popular or prominent. I mean, most people today have a very egalitarian worldview. On the other hand, among the right, nietzsche is sort of popular. I would not say that the average person is aware of nietzsche on any level though.
>>
File: IMG_0739.jpg (202KB, 1240x826px)
IMG_0739.jpg
202KB, 1240x826px
>>3017285
The average person doesn't know shit about Nietzsche, and simply give a literal meaning to the quotes that have taken out of context.
>>
>>3017285
You're just being intellectually dishonest if you think "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" is not metaphorical.
>>
>>3017691
>Christian morality.

Oh boi.
>>
>>3017973
"The worst readers are those who behave like plundering troops: they take away a few things they can use, dirty and confound the remainder, and revile the whole."
-Nietzsche
>>
>>3017285
Have they? Never met anyone IRL who cares about Nietzsche. Hardly anyone knows about him beyond the "God is dead" thing.
>>
File: 1440315072736.jpg (10KB, 181x182px)
1440315072736.jpg
10KB, 181x182px
>>3017302

>go to /lit/
>>
File: elfwhittling.jpg (5KB, 109x115px)
elfwhittling.jpg
5KB, 109x115px
>>3018281

>well read
>wan't
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.