[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well-meaning figurehead exploited by militarist regime, or war

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1101450521_400.jpg (35KB, 400x527px) Image search: [Google]
1101450521_400.jpg
35KB, 400x527px
Well-meaning figurehead exploited by militarist regime, or war criminal who got away with it?
>>
both
>>
>>3013454
This. He didn't want to the generals to do it but let them anyway. In many ways he had no choice

Japan from 1930-1945 is a very tragic story
>>
File: IMG_1497.jpg (103KB, 545x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1497.jpg
103KB, 545x700px
>>3013451
He was kind of a yes man, he signed of really anything presented to him. He was more interested in fish, travel, having fun and even Disney seemingly.
>>
>>3013454
FPBP.
>>
>>3014029
Was he fully informed about the course of the war? Did he know for example how far the Kwantung Army had gone to provoke the 2nd SJW against the govt's intentions?
>>
>>3013451
>How one innocent and pure leader gets cucked by his own military
>>
>>3015154
He probably kept himself ignorant, august ears and all that
>>
>>3013451
>Generals present him with proposals to stamp
>Either do it, or you'll have an accident and the next emperor will stamp it.
>I-i'll stamp i guess
>Great, long live the emperor

The military was running the show for the most part. On the flip side though, it doesn't really excuse that it was in fact his approval on everything they did. So i suppose the answer is both.
>>
>>3015189
I mean after the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, the Japanese military actively tried to not let the word of surrender get out
>>
>>3015189
Was this ever actually suggested? I have never heard any indication that the militarists were prepared to resort to murdering the Emperor. Marginalize the Emperor, of course, but murder?

On 2-26 Hirohito threatened to personally assume command of the Imperial Guard and lead a countercoup if the government did not crush the putsch. I have trouble believing he would tolerate an implicit threat.
>>
We will never know because everyone involved (before, during, and after the war) had a vested interest in creating a certain vision of reality.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.