[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about the Vietnamese civilization and kingdoms in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 047860508003db4e42d39871dcc6e4ec.jpg (281KB, 564x2619px) Image search: [Google]
047860508003db4e42d39871dcc6e4ec.jpg
281KB, 564x2619px
Tell me about the Vietnamese civilization and kingdoms in the past. Also post cute fashion(male and female I guess) if you have some please. How was their military and culture? Were their really female soldiers equally trained with males at some point or is it just a huge meme?
>>
>>3007024
Bump
>>
>>3007134
serious bump for interest, please.
>>
>>3007024
Chinese knockoff.
>>
Bumping for this
>>
>>3007693
stop with the memes. I wanted details to the questions I asked.Mainly about the military and culture.
>>
>>3007895
He is correct though.

Vietnam until the 1400's was unironically politically controlled by China to a large extent. Even today they are still part of the Sino culture despite a few Viet nationalists' autistic screeches.

If you want to know the answers to your question, take a look at the ancient history of Guangdong and Guizhou. They have a far better kept historical record.

Viet historical records are recreated because they got burnt so many times. Little is known for certain about the 1000bc-1000ad period.
>>
>>3008125
Cont*
These two provinces and north Vietnam used to be known as the Yue Kingdom.

Look that up anon. There are good sources just from wikipedia and google
>>
>>3008125
>>3008171
Why did Vietnamese adopt Qing-style clothing even though they weren't even conquered by the Manchus? Joseon was a Qing tributary but they still kept Ming style clothing.
>>
>>3008171
When I looked up, all I found was information on the state established by ancient Chinese zhou dynasties. I think you mean baiyue who became the basis of Northern Vietnam.
>>
>>3008125
If you talk about Đại Việt as a tributary state, it just means we have to give gold and treasure to China, politically wise, Đại Việt is independent. We had de facto independent in 938, although the chinks didn't recognized it until later.
>>3007024
Literally same as Chinese in most aspects.
>>
>>3009216
Ok heat are the few records of Vietnamese culture available before their to over by the Chinese? And after the take over, surely their cultures blended? What was the result? Was their military exactly like the Chinese? That is not what I heard for some time.
>>
>>3010470
Ok then*
>>
>>3008125
>Even today they are still part of the Sino culture despite a few Viet nationalists' autistic screeches.
The irony being the historical Vietnamese derived their political independence as well as the "Viet" ethnonym from a polity centered around modern day Guangdong(Nanyue) and ruled by a Qin/Yue mixed elite.

The original Yue was located in modern day Zhejiang and thought to be inhabited by pre-Austronesian/Tai Kadai speakers.

The Chinese decided to name the various polities of southeastern China after the original Yue kingdom i.e. Baiyue(myraid Yues),when in reality only Dongou and Minyue were descended from Yue nobles.
>>
>>3010470
Only some broze drums and a citadel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%E1%BB%95_Loa_Citadel

>And after the take over, surely their cultures blended? What was the result?
Some of our original culture still presented in the first century. Mostly it's not a blend, we just took Chinese culture.
> Was their military exactly like the Chinese?
It's more navy heavy, Đại Việt's navy was pretty cool at the time.
>>
>>3007024
Culture is basically China, only they rebelled against China constantly.

The Vietnamese are to the Chinese as the Irish are to the British, basically.

In the 17th century or so they got flintlocks from Netherlands and used those for military iirc, along with swords that looked like knock off katanas.

Vietnam has a big history of female warriors leading the fight against China, Lady Trieu and the Trung sisters for example.
>>
>>3010933
>>3010990
Ok what about Don song culture in the bronze age? Anything more on that?
And I guess I'd like to learn more about their military history with China.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.