[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do we eat animals because they are at a disadvantage? By a disadvantage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 1496002122526.jpg (37KB, 680x453px) Image search: [Google]
1496002122526.jpg
37KB, 680x453px
Do we eat animals because they are at a disadvantage? By a disadvantage I mean they were of lower intelligent.
>>
>>3005788
>Another vegan thread.
Vegans go away. No one cares what you think.are you really trying to bring this cancer to /his/?
>>
we eat animals because animals are delicious and nutritious
>>
File: 1481683764364.jpg (451KB, 1548x2922px) Image search: [Google]
1481683764364.jpg
451KB, 1548x2922px
>>3005788
Nice Nazi octo dubs, OP. It's mostly these.

>taste
>tradition
>convenience
>nutrition

Supposedly that last one, anyway. I might have missed one of the main ones there. The argument of might makes right/they are less intelligent, therefore we can do what we will is weak as shit because nearly nobody would ever use that same line of logic or openly accept its use as applied to children and/or severely developmentally/cognitively challenge/mentally retarded people with IQs lower than that of animals we humans eat.

Also, sillily fantastical as it may seem, almost nobody would still agree with that sentiment if ever/whenever extraterrestrials were to try colonising Earth and deciding to enslave and/or eat people. Nobody would stand there and say "You know what, I don't want to be your slave/food, but we've always eaten the other creatures on this planet 'cause they're beneath is intellectually, so I admit that you've the right to do whatever you wish with us." or something along those lines.

Follow that reasoning and see them cognitively contort themselves to justify some exceptionalism that benefits a non-human animal in any scenario. Logical consistency is not something most people value in any way. Learnt that long ago. It is what it is.
>>
File: 1491690867622.jpg (113KB, 736x1260px) Image search: [Google]
1491690867622.jpg
113KB, 736x1260px
Obviously OP has never heard of the food chain.
>>
>>3010911

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f2P5yJFQKw

meat and milk enabled humanity to expand to shitty land Lisa nobody cares you're bleeding at the BBQ Lisa
>>
>>3009767
>The argument of might makes right
Is basically the foundation of society. There's a reason the state struggles to keep a monopoly on violence you know.
Pretty hard to call it stupid.
>>
>>3009767
>Nobody would stand there and say "You know what, I don't
You dumbass motherfucker. Might is asserted through struggle, it's not inherent.
Way to completely miss the point of the argument.
>>
>>3005788
Yes, also grouping animals into ome category is too large. Sea sponges and dolphins arent the same. Also, humans do tend to give animals more feelings and thought processes than they really have. Most animals lack any comolex thought patterns and most likely dont "care" or "feel" as we would understand the terms.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.