[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Speaking strictly Ottoman Turks, was Skanderbeg the most successful

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

Speaking strictly Ottoman Turks, was Skanderbeg the most successful Christian Kebabremover? He did beat the full turkish army, twice.
Also, How would you rate him as a late medieval military commander?
>>
>literally kills hundred thousands of Turks for Christendom
>no one remembers you
>>
>>3003646
I'd say he's actually one of the greatest commanders in the late medieval period. It's pretty impressive that he was always outnumbered and still managed to win so many battles
>>
>>3003722
His people became Muslims so it doesn't matter
>>
>>3003722
>for freedom of his people and Kingdom

FTFY

Skanderbeg is not remembered as a great kebab remover because it would have harmed the territorial ambitions of Serbia and Greece at the time of the balkan wars whos main claim to land and legitimacy was the fight against the ottomans. Also noone gave a fuck about Albanians who were too few in number and without allies.
>>
>>3003745
part became heavy drinking muslims, part became heavy drinking Christians. In the end, Albanians never gave much about religion.
>>
>>3003738
>got around 10'000 Albanians
>do the full turkish army (150k) siege and btfo thing
>twice
>no 30'000 Polish knights or the full HRE army comes to help you, Venice sends a cheerful letter instead.
He was a military genius, but boy did he had shit cards for politics.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.