[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>muh constitutive lack >muh traumatic kernel Memes aside,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: slavoj-zizek.jpg (22KB, 255x364px) Image search: [Google]
slavoj-zizek.jpg
22KB, 255x364px
>muh constitutive lack
>muh traumatic kernel

Memes aside, what do you think of Zizek as a philosopher? Thinking more his ontology than his critiques of ideology
>>
>>2997221
read 2 of his books, bought a 3rd book to try and understand one of them better and it was harder than the book itself. its very complex stuff at times, and without reading at least a few hundred pages of his you have no hope to even guess at his thoughts, his videos, interviews etc are simplistic in comparison. i still cant tell you if he is good, not read enough of his stuff but he is interesting and his books did challenge my mind.
I would say however, you cant really understand any mans philosophy without being at least the same age as when he wrote it. Age changes the mind over your life, you cant expect to be 20 and really understand someone who is 50 with somethnig like this.
>>
>>2997238
I've read The Indivisible Remainder, as well as a number of his works on Lacan.com

I think his stuff is pretty straightforward, I take issue with all the doom and gloom and ebin psychoanalytic reversals of everything but I think 90% of his ideas are right on. Is there anything you have trouble with? Or something that particularly interests you? I'm tired of memes
>>
What the fuck does he mean by "ideology"?
>>
>>2997247
>What the fuck does he mean by "ideology"?

essentially, the way we distort reality to make it bearable, but his point's a bit more subtle: we distort it in such a way that the distortion has to be unconscious for it to function as the narrative that makes reality palatable in the first place. and not only that, but there is no "true" reality under the surface, reality is such that we cannot help but emboss some "story" on its reality's brute objectivity - essentially, its nothingness. so all ideologies are kind of attempts to fill in a primordial lack that is their very reason for existing in the first place
>>
>>2997247
>>
>>2997221
>Listening to a guy who thinks Kung fu panda is a righteous philosophical work

I'm a /co/mrade and loved the film but jeez
>>
>>2997221
He's a hack, like all marxist philosophers.
>>
>hates ideology
>marxist
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>2997331
it's p lacanian now that I think about it tbqhwyf
>>
>>2997348
>listening to Lacan
>>
>>2997355
Lacan is... actually right about (almost) everything
>>
>>2997334
>>2997345
Love it when the /pol/tards arrive to bless us with their infinite wisdom.
>>
Agree with maybe 85% of what he says.
>>
>>2997247
Watching the Pervert's Guide to Ideology is a prerequisite to posting on /lit/.
>>
If any of the philosophers he takes from was alive today, I wouldn't need him to comment on contemporary events, in fact I wouldn't need him at all.

To this day he has not managed to sell me on Lacan.
>>
File: righteous-mind.jpg (49KB, 948x1473px) Image search: [Google]
righteous-mind.jpg
49KB, 948x1473px
If anyone has done some serious reading and thinking on human history and sees how people have justified everything from the crusades, to the cultural revolution, to imperialism, to ISIS it's easy to see how he has a point.

pic very much related
>>
>>2997348
How is it Lacanian exactly?
>>
>>2998161
Well I'm just bullshitting but I think I remember the macguffin that was supposed to save the world being a mirror, you know a "the true power is within you"-type twist, connects with the Lacanian idea that there is no "true self" deep down inside us waiting to bust out and save us, what really saves us is finally accepting our lack, that all we are is all we'll ever be and we should stop trying to find something to complete us. And of course, it's precisely that realization that does complete us
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.