[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I literally do not know dick about the Ottoman Empire. Where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: ottoman.jpg (1019KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
ottoman.jpg
1019KB, 2000x2000px
I literally do not know dick about the Ottoman Empire. Where do I begin?
>>
Ask yourself where did the Turks come from. Go from there.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Manzikert
>>
founded by a guy called Osman, most of the middle east was already thoroughly raped by previous Turks and Mongols and a bit by crusades so they just slipped in the power vacuum taking out the Byzantine Empire (last vestige of the Roman empire) and quickly taking over the place with an army of specially trained Christian slaves called Janissaries.

From there they start raping Eastern Europe, Mesopotamia, Arabia, and Egypt. It took a collation of Germans, Poles, and Slavs to stop them at Vienna but they kept the Balkans until the 19th century which messed up the Balkans quite a bit. They hit their peak at Suleiman the Magnificent and afterwards had all the same problems the Byzantines had with political takeover by Eunuchs, military takeovers, family clusterfucks, and Germans and Russians. From a look of fear to a look of pity they get pulled left and right by European powers until they went into WWI to get some prestige but ended up losing everything
>>
>>2995220
>1000s
>Turkish tribe called Seljuks invade from Turkmenistan and conquers Persia.
>raids launched into Anatolia
>eventually in 1069 begins invasion of Byzantine empire
>Byzantine army outnumbers Turkish army
>western mercenaries abandon the fight
>Byzantine emperor loses and gets captured
>Turkish horde lays waste to Armenia and Greek Anatolia killing and enslaving many while destroying cities and turning ruins of villages to steppes.
>crusaders and Byzantines conquer back most of Anatolia
>Anatolia slowly falls back to Turkish tribes as more and more migrate from Turkmenistan to Anatolia
> Greeks get genocided.
>Turks keep breeding and creating more roach babies
>eventually one Turkish tribes led by Osman eventually conquer the remnants of Byzantine Anatolia in Nicaea and nicomedia
>settle Down and abandon tribalism
>eventually start conquering all other Turkish tribes and states in Anatolia
>invade Balkans
>conquer Constantinople
>establish edict forcing Turkish tribes living in eastern Anatolia to abandon their nomadic lifestyle and settle down
>they refuse
>they convert to Shia Islam and rebel with Persian support.
>they lose and many flee to Iranian Azerbaijan
>many stay behind and become alevi Shias
>conquer Egypt and Syria
>push further into Europe and conquer Hungary
>lay siege to Vienna but lose
>slow decline
>fast forward to WWI
>fight in WWI under Germans
>get technology from Germans to use in war
>instead use on Christian citizens and try to eradicate 20% of your population
>Lose war
>lose empire
>land split between Armenia, Kurdistan, Italy, Greece.
>nationalist forces rise up under ataturk
>disobey the wilsonian treaty
>win against Greece, and finish off Armenia and Kurdistan.
>empire officially abolished in 1922.
>>
Dont bother.

>they are originally from mongolia, and raped and pillaged there way westward as far as they could go
>They are responsible for everything wrong in the world
>there are things they did that you will be a much better person for not even knowning about.
>they are the antithesis of civilization
>The end.

Seriously, the only reason Europeans even bothered to go west and happened to find the americas, was because the turks were being dicks and shut down the silk road to non-muslims. The entire age of exploration and colonisation, which is so maligned by modern media, was just a reaction to trade routes being shut down for religious reasons.

Although, I have rexently been getting interested in how the 'great powers' of the 19th century generally tried to prop them up for a bit longer. Usually because they didnt want russia to expand at the turks expence. Yes, Most of europe supported muslim empire that terrorised and genocided its christian subjects, well into the modern era, simply becuase they wanted to maintain the conservative 'balance of power'.

>Monarchy, not even once.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.