[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As a child I was absolutely floored when I found out that monarchies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1497022726112.jpg (217KB, 1024x631px) Image search: [Google]
1497022726112.jpg
217KB, 1024x631px
As a child I was absolutely floored when I found out that monarchies still exist and that there are still kings and princes in the world. But monarchies were still extremely common right up to the early 1900s, people fought against oppressive, hereditary regimes to install democracy and republicanism in their countries, veterans of these conflicts, and the nobles and royals they fought against, might have still been alive in the 1970s and 80s, only ten years before I was born. Yet by this time the world had seemingly already forgotten about monarchy, it was already seen as some ancient form of government and not something that had only been (mostly) extinguished following first World War, still less than a hundred years prior.

Why do you guys think it took so little time for humanity to not only get over monarchy, but to romanticize it to the point we do today? I'm only coming up with Disney influence, which I'm pretty sure was important, but could not have acted alone to bring forth such a massive change in the way of thought, so what did it act in concert with?
>>
Because Western Europe and North America north of the Rio Grance are the only parts of the world that matter.
>>
>>2993179
>Why do you guys think it took so little time for humanity to not only get over monarchy, but to romanticize it to the point we do today?
Because in hindsight, it's kind of silly. I'm being ruled over a guy because his great great great great great great great great great grandaddy said he had "noble blood"? Get out of here, that's ridiculous. Nobody still believes that crap, right? Right guys?
>>
>>2993189
I am very far from your average "triggered" person (consider myself a fascist in my own, very specific definition of Italian fascism befor the Kr*uts), but this entire thing sort of offends me on a lower level, as I believe that monarchies should be completely destroyed - not the people, but the institutions and what goes along with them, I am baffled by the fact that in Europe, there are people who can be born into position, where the law puts them above the rest of the citizens and gives them more rights, it just seems ridiculous.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.