[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that he united the German people under one flag 1000

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: Charles le Mang.jpg (95KB, 334x250px) Image search: [Google]
Charles le Mang.jpg
95KB, 334x250px
Reminder that he united the German people under one flag 1000 years before Bismark
>>
>>2987884
except he wasn't german but frankish, who are basically german speaking french
>>
>>2987934
>franks
>french
>>
>>2987934
Franks were a German tribe, plus I didn't say he was German, I said he united the German people
>>
>>2987934
(You)
>>
>>2987972
Germanic tribe
>>2987884
Well you had saxons in modern Denmark, then anglos and saxons in England so he United shit, let alone the white subeians in Africa, or the oppressed goths of Iberia
>>
>>2987884
1000 years before Bismark there were no german people
>>
>>2989763
T. Retard
>>
>>2987934
Franks were actually french speaking german, not germans speaking french.
>>
>>2989773
>oui wuz charlemagne et merde
Chlodwig was German.
>>
>>2989766

But it's true. The national german identity simply wasnt an important thing. You were a Swabian or a Prussian or a Hessian.
>>
>>2989793
Franks are the ancestors of the french. The pagan saxons and the allamans are the ancestors of the germans.
>>
>>2987972
Or rather he united the ex-roman gallic and italian people and wrecked the shit of any non frankish german people to assimilate them.
>>
>>2989868
Franks are German.
>>
>>2989890
No they're not. Being from germanic people does not make one german.
The franks were born in what is now the Netherlands. They emigrated to gaul, in which they spent generations of inter-marrying with the local gallo-roman people. They built their own kingdoms, adopted christianity and roman customs, and soon, even their language completly changed to become french.
Franks have nothing to do with Germany and the german sentiment. The saxons or the alemannis have more to do with each other than with the franks.

It's like you told me that the english kings were germans, just because their ancestors were born in Germania.
>>
>>2987884
>A French guy that burned german's "sacred" trees united germans

Germans are truely cucks
>>
>>2987884
Franks are the people who live on the territory of Lotharingia (Benelux - county of Flanders + Alsace + Lorraine + a part of Ruhr area). Lotharingia was created to give the Franks their own country after all.
>>
>>2989918
Just a small part of the Frankish population left the Netherlands for Gallia. Most of them stayed in the Netherlands.
>>
>>2990258
>left the Netherlands

Except they didn't come from Netherland but from Pannonia
>>
File: charlemagne4.jpg (31KB, 475x323px) Image search: [Google]
charlemagne4.jpg
31KB, 475x323px
>>2990246
>Lotharingia was created to give the Franks their own country after all.
But all it ended up doing was create border autism for 1200ish years.
>>
first off, one should use the term germanic to avoid misconception, but no, charles the great didn't unite the germanic people. Germanic tribes where spread across the former western roman empire and he only made one tribe (the franks) very powerful.

also, one shouldn't talk about the french or german people at that time. The first time these peoples were somewhat distinguishable was after the partition of francia and the foundation of east francia, the later german kingdom under louis the german.
>>
>>2990371
>The east–west division, enforced by the German-Latin language split, "gradually hardened into the establishment of separate kingdoms", with East Francia becoming the Kingdom of Germany and West Francia the Kingdom of France.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.