[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post-grad thread? I'm 6 months into my history phd and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: French soldier in gas mask, 1916.jpg (539KB, 1247x835px) Image search: [Google]
French soldier in gas mask, 1916.jpg
539KB, 1247x835px
Post-grad thread?

I'm 6 months into my history phd and wondering if there's anyone in here who is actually a researcher or if this is all just shitposting from "history buffs".

My research is WW1 Australian generals on the Western Front, anyone else doing something good?
>>
>>2984847
You have to read actual history books to be a (post)grad history student; you can't cite YouTube videos or charts from /pol/. Besides, as /pol-with-dates/ there's a lot of conspiracies about academia here.
>>
>>2984888
So that'd be a no then?
I haven't spent a lot of time on /his/ because every time I look at the catalog it's a crapshoot of Hitler, racism and varying flavours of Christianity threads.
There doesn't seem to be a lot of accurate historical knowledge being shared, just a lot of faux-history being used to justify political feelings.

Pretty shitty.
>>
File: 1465369571379.jpg (51KB, 460x391px) Image search: [Google]
1465369571379.jpg
51KB, 460x391px
>>2984906
Yes, and instead of trying to better the board you make some pseudo-blog thread to bitch about how shit the board is.
If you're the average representation of someone "knowledgeable", I'd much rather take an enthusiastic amateur.
>>
>>2984914
I've been commenting in other threads and doing exactly as you said and trying to better the board.
Nah, most academics are super polite and will bend over backwards to be good natured and debate nicely.

But this is 4chan and I'm grumpy today.
>>
>>2984906
It's a history board but it's still a 4chan history board.
>>
>>2984942
Unironically go to reddit if you want to have meaningful with specific demographics such as history majors working in a relevant field after graduation. You can see from the board that you won't find those people to talk to, especially with such a large proportion of the board being anti-academia and trying to sabotage and derail the thread.

>but liberals
Only the main subforums are liberal cucknests, other low population or specific subforums will be politically neutral through mod enforcement, or at least will try to be if you're polite and articulate your points well enough.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.