[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't care what Nietzsche says, Christian morality is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 22

File: christ-the-redeemer.jpg (123KB, 356x599px) Image search: [Google]
christ-the-redeemer.jpg
123KB, 356x599px
I don't care what Nietzsche says, Christian morality is beautify. It is the the meeting of beauty and truth. Humility, meekness and selfless poverty are beautiful. Crying to God in anguish over your sins is beautiful. Conquest, rape and power are nothing compared to this beauty.
>>
File: St. George.jpg (147KB, 1000x671px) Image search: [Google]
St. George.jpg
147KB, 1000x671px
>>2982475
Amen.
>>
>>2982475
The meek shall inherit nothing.
>>
>>2982506
They already have everything
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v1ybJx1osyk
>>
I agree, Christian morality is beautiful. It possesses an idealistic brilliance with the interplay of logic, rationality and empathy. If one presupposes the existence of God and his righteousness(his Will), it can be used to make an objective moral theory.

Firstly, God plans for his children to have natural rights (food/water/shelter/clothing) because he is benevolent(universal Good will).
Next, the guiding principle behind man's moral actions : the Golden rule. It is merely the logic of human behavior. If you disobey the golden rule you are a hypocrite or illogical and in error.

You should see the poor as your self, giving away what you can to help them. Even if these are your cherished possessions, because the ideals must be entirely upheld. You can't be a little perfect.

I don't personally follow morality completely, but I can agree with the argument.
>>
>>2982585
I don't agree with your "univocity of being" here, but then, I'm Orthodox
>>
File: 1494322254435.jpg (12KB, 212x218px) Image search: [Google]
1494322254435.jpg
12KB, 212x218px
>when someone says there's virtue in poverty near me
>>
File: crusaders-looting.jpg (96KB, 512x373px) Image search: [Google]
crusaders-looting.jpg
96KB, 512x373px
>>2982475
>Conquest, rape and power are nothing compared to this beauty.

Explain this
>>
>>2982636
The crusaders were not true Christians.
>>
>>2982585
>God plans for his children to have natural rights (food/water/shelter/clothing)
okay when's he gonna start carrying it out?
>>
>>2982635
This. Useful idiots.
>>
>>2982643
according to me*
>>
>>2982643

Neither are islamic terrorists then
>>
>>2982650
Islamic terrorists are not true Christians, that is correct.
>>
>>2982635
Poverty is not intrinsically valuable, but when a product of selflessness (renouncing property) or for the increase of humility, it has great value.

>>2982636
I'm Orthodox
>>
>>2982475
I think Nietzsche was mourning the passage of Christian morality as he predicted that the 20th century without it would be the bloodiest century in the history of the world. And he was right.
>>
>>2982506

The translation meek is wrong. the true meaning was strength and without being boisterous about it.
>>
>>2982650
Islam was founded by a conqueror. That is why Nietzsche exalted it and said Europe ought to have groveled in the dust before the Muslims.
>>
File: Harrowhell[1].jpg (23KB, 258x300px) Image search: [Google]
Harrowhell[1].jpg
23KB, 258x300px
>>2982714
So was Christianity.
>>
>>2982687
Nietzsche praised war and cruelty, and considered pity (literally "compassion" in the German) to be a disease

>>2982702
No, it's meek. You're just conflating meekness with cowardice.
>>
>>2982754
Well, yes. Conquered death.
>>
File: IMG_0320.png (272KB, 340x574px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0320.png
272KB, 340x574px
>>2982475
Christian morality is beautiful because Christ is the truth

>inb4 edgy teenagers and fedoras
>>
File: 1491096959932.png (80KB, 1484x1484px) Image search: [Google]
1491096959932.png
80KB, 1484x1484px
>>2982794
"christ is the truth" makes no sense
>>
>>2982475
You still believe in herd morality. have you learned nothing from my prophet the great Nietzsche?
God is dead and you obey and pray to his shadow.
Humility is for the weak and only power is beautiful.
The will for power is the only thing that keeps you alive, but you want to be selfless, it is an delusion that you believe selfishness is a bad thing.
>>
File: 1260585284155.png (94KB, 600x541px) Image search: [Google]
1260585284155.png
94KB, 600x541px
>>2982794
>Christ is the truth
What about that imminent apocalypse he predicted that never came?
>>
>>2982794
Well yeah, Christ is only right because he's the strongest. Might makes right.
>>
>>2982648
that's right goy, the only way to not be an useful idiot is to keep consuming the latest versions of my company's smartphones
>>
>>2982475
Lel. Let me give you one of Sorens problems. So, you are a man, in a sermon, being preached by a preacher about Abraham.

You go home and you try to murder sacrifice your son, the priest stops you and he incriminates you as a criminal and you probably end up in jail.

As Kierkegaard put it
>the comic and the tragic converge on each other here in absolute infinity.

Christian morality is disgusting, it places people on pedestals for no reason, there is no reason to give the father of faith abraham your love, when you love him simply because he is abraham, it is unattainable to everyone out there but Abraham, and Abraham is essentially blame free, we take someone whom if he were anyone else he would be a murderer, a disgusting one at that (child murderer), yet because he is abraham, he is one of the greatest figures in Christian doctrines, because why, he had faith? A lot of it?

No one thinks about his story, dissects it, Soren continues to say when people talk about Abraham they substitute "Isaac" with the word "best" or something similar, to the ends "Abraham was willing to sacrifice his best for god", his best is his child whom he owes everything. The discussion changes quite heavily when you use proper terminology to discuss this story.

Abraham, like most Christian stories is about testing an individual, this test is a brutal test, quite frankly a god who implements these tests on his individuals which he created is not worthy of the love we give it. Think of it like gods a programmer figuring out what his code can and can't do.

Faith is the only beatiful thing inside christianity, but faith is not exclusive to christianity.
>>
>>2982905
Keep kissing niggerfeet, christcuck.
>>
File: no.gif (1MB, 294x216px) Image search: [Google]
no.gif
1MB, 294x216px
>>2982920
>The discussion changes quite heavily when you use proper terminology to discuss this story.
>proper terminology
>>
>>2982971
You don't study the terminology used inside bibles? What are you even doing?
>>
>>2982933
gooood goy, remember that if you don't watch my latest movies starring random nigger actor #214 and buy my latest tablet, you are a cuck.
Now back to work and make me my money
>>
>>2983006
Nice projections. Now go back to worshiping a dead kike on a stick, that will surely make you a good person.
>>
>>2983019
>you need to worship a dead kike on a stick to not be mr. nosebergs consumer slave
>people who are not brainwashed to buy the latest tablet do it to call themselves good persons

nice projection indeed my fedora tipping friend
>>
>>2982856
God's will is all that keeps me alive. I would that my own will be crucified
>>
>>2982475
t. untermensch
>>
>>2982920
I'm Orthodox. We believe all things should be only for the will of God. We have numerous saints who acted crazy David of Thessolonike, Basil the Fool, etc)we also have many that were condemned by the clergy (Symeon the New Theologian, Nectarios). Kierkegaard was raging agaist a Luthern issue
>>
>>2983128
What keeps you alive is your will for power.
If you want to eat you want the power to eat.
If you want to help others you want the power to help.
If you want to understand the bible you want the power to understand.
The will for power is in all of us.
>>
File: 1Isr35efdntk.jpg (30KB, 373x521px) Image search: [Google]
1Isr35efdntk.jpg
30KB, 373x521px
>>2982920
>Think of it like gods a programmer figuring out what his code can and can't do.
>>
>>2982905
Sure, I love experiencing greater leisure and convenience through possession of more advanced technology.
>>
>>2983179
I can do nothing without God. Moreover, I eat for his will, not mine. Eating for your own will is gluttony
>>
File: leisure and convenience.jpg (108KB, 900x672px) Image search: [Google]
leisure and convenience.jpg
108KB, 900x672px
>>2983211
>>
>>2983215
>Eating for your own will is gluttony

That is not true. Eating too much is of course gluttony and is bad but not because god doesn´t want it, but because you can´t want it for your health, because by eating too much you loose your power and become fat and lazy.
The will for power is about doing things in measures. And of course you want the power to do things in measures.
>>
>>2982863
What is figurative speech?

It's like you're a 3 year old
>>
>>2983215
Also Adam and Eve were eating from the tree, so god has given them an own will to decide to do it or not to do it. That is what the bible says.
To say you do something not for your own will but for the will of god is schizophrenic.
>>
>>2983299
God gave them the choice to either live is his will, or live in self-will. Angels also had that choice. The Orthodox do not seek to do good, but to do God's will. Any good done for a reason other that God's will, is seen.
>>
>>2983407
Is *sin
>>
>>2983407
So if god wants you to kill all life on this planet you would do as he will, since you don´t seek to do good as you say. What is wrong with having a reason other than gods will to do something good, i´m sure you have those reasons too, because when you eat you sense the good taste, don´t you? And you want to tell me that this is not a reason to eat apart from gods will.
>>
>>2983407
Isn´t it just so that you do what the bible commands, sorry, what the great unquestionable god commands through the bible, because you think for yourself that this are good commands that make your life peaceful and will lead to a reward in the afterlife, in paradise. Paradise is a joyful place and hell is for punishment, isn´t this just convincing you to do as the allmighty dude wants you to do?
>>
>>2982636
Well Rome was obviously in heresy. ((Ordodog bro))
>>
>>2982920
I hate your opinion
>>
>>2983464
I would kill all people if God so willed, but I would decribe God's method of conveying the message first to a spiritual elder to ensure it is from God.

Taste is not a valid reason of itself, no. But God willing you to enjoy food is

>>2983522
Hell, in Orthodoxy, is the same as heaven: the fire of hell and the light of halos are the same: God himself. But if you are not Godlike, then his presence conflicts with yours and causes distress.
>>
Some religions are more like warrior cults, in which there is no shame in coming out on top. Christianity is unusual in its reverence for the victim, the poor, women (yes!), the individual, pacifism and equality (particularly the sharing out of mates through monogamy).

I think it was Nietzsche who, despite despising Christianity a religion for slaves, pointed out that worshipping a lone individual who is crushed by organised religion and organised power was an inherently anti-authoritarian and proto-scientific thing to do, and that this explained the birth of rationalism and science in Christian societies.
>>
>>2984184

Rationalism came out of scholasticism and the Renaissance , which were inspired by the rediscovery of pagan though

Christianity is not politically anti-authoritarian by any means. Christianity preaches total obedience. Christ's parables are greatly concerned with Jewish religious authorities being insubordinate to God, and this is why he says the goys (whom Jesus likens to dogs) will be given the vineyard.

Nietzsche is anachronistically applying Reformation theology to early Christianity.
>>
>>2984227
Authoritarians hate Jesus because He reminds everyone that God, not Caesar, is the ultimate authority.
>>
File: 1497729818095.jpg (176KB, 984x733px) Image search: [Google]
1497729818095.jpg
176KB, 984x733px
>>2982475
1. The word translated meekness in the Greek refers to gentleness not a grovelling disposition.

2. Humility refers to accurate self-concept not a grovelling disposition.

3. Selflessness has nothing inherently to do with Christian morality, the foundation of which is Reciprocity and Compassion not being unselfish. Its entirely possible to be completely selfless and also mired in sin.

4. Poverty is not beautiful it is hideous and only occasionally useful.

In short, many of Nietzche's criticisms against Christianity were valid, but they were only valid because they were attacking a Christianity that existed in his era [and still does now] but has little in common with the actual teachings of the Christ.

Christianity is not pacifist.

Christianity does not teach this monkish, grovelling slavish disposition.

Christianity does not teach a morality lacking in discretion as to the object of its benevolence.

Christianity does not teach anti-intellectualism.

Most of the things you praise so highly are things that Nietzche would despise, and Christ Himself would correct as erroneous and excessive.
>>
>>2984311
DEUS VULT
>>
>>2982506
Meek meant staunch back in the day. Not being a bitch
>>
Friendly reminder that Christ was not divine and all this shit is nonsense.
The idea of an afterlife is the greatest disservice possible to the people that came up with the foundation of the nonsense cult people believe in. It didn't start out nonsense.
Also Jesus just died in the original gospel of mark, no magic faggot shit. He died.

T.Gnostic
>>
>>2982863
If he was talking about the fall of either Rome or Jerusalem he was fairly accurate. If the end of the world, I think be said no mortal will know when it happens.

Now, that leaves a sour taste in my mouth, to, because there's been a fuckhuge gap between all the happenings in Christianity and the return of Christ.
>>
>>2984356
Don't Gnostics believe in both a soul and a supreme god?
>>
>>2984299
Plenty of authoritarians loved Christ. Saint Oswald for example. Totalitarians, not so much.
>>
>>2984365
Yes. The main thing is knowledge as opposed to "faith" i know GOD exists.
>>
File: fml.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
fml.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>2982714
Well he's getting his wish if things continue this way
>>
>>2984311
When someone takes your shirt, give your cloak as well. Lend to whomever asks, and do not ask for your money back. When someone strikes or offends you, offer your other cheek. If someone compels you tp go a mile, go two. If someone insults you, see it as from God and repay with love.

Christ and all the Apostles and John the Baptist were poor.

I am Orthodox, not Catholic. My faith is one of seeing yourself as wretched, but everyone else as Christ. Not of torturing and raping someone for refusing to kiss the Pope's feet. Nor the Protestant faith which sees money as holiness and has no regard for celibacy
>>
>>2982687
Only because of population growth. If you think the 20th century was somehow especially bad then you're a moron.
>>
File: 1497673099580.jpg (98KB, 378x348px) Image search: [Google]
1497673099580.jpg
98KB, 378x348px
>>2982863
>no anon you misunderstood. What Jesus meant was that the world would not end before the generation that would witness the end of the world silly

>mfw, yes they are serious
>>
>>2982475
That's fine.

Just don't get upset when you get conquered and raped.
>>
>>2984401
Orthodoxy also stresses direct experience of God. By living according to Christ, the image, the reflection God that you are, is made visible and can directly observe his radiance by turning inward

Gnosticism is evil, it rejects the holiness of the material, blaspheming the incarnation.
>>
File: Most-of-the-world-predamned.jpg (33KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
Most-of-the-world-predamned.jpg
33KB, 600x315px
>>2982475
There aint nothing beautiful about this
>>
>>2984422
Because I don't conquer and rape, I have no right to find it upsetting? What? No, it is rather the conquerors and rapists who ought not to get upset when it happens to them
>>
>>2984428
The Copts are beautiful
>>
>>2984426
Bit harsh mate. I'd say its evil to worship someone who repeatedly stated he was not divine. And then youve got the whole two thousand years of shit to deal with.

Saul is a massive faggot full of shit.
>>
>>2984437
If there's any justice they'll be the only ones seeing paradise, apart from a very select few westerners
>>
>>2984428
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GUKF3mJHKcE
>>
>>2984426
The incarnation? Of GOD? As a faggot mortal who dies and that somehow saves everyone from wrongdoing and everyone will live after death in pure bliss...
FUCK THAT and FUCK YOU!

The afterlife is a lie.
Worship your ancestors and hope your children worship you, that is the only life after death.
>>
>>2984438
Christ is man as well as God. He never stated he wasn't divine though.

Paul is an incomparable saint and theologian. His work is profound.
>>
>>2984440
Well in Egypt, they and Eastern Orthodox share full communion. Hopefully we'll get around to full communion on paper as well soon.
>>
>>2984445
I worship only God and I am only God's servant.
>>
>>2984446
Incomparable you say? How so?
>>
>>2984446
>>2984461
You worship the demiurge
Faggot
>>
>>2984496
Nothing really compares to Romans or Corinthians, nothing in the world.
>>
Nietzsche is actually fine with Christ-ian morality. He is not fine with Christian morality.
>Christ-ian morality
What you described and what is actually in scripture and invoked by the Holy Spirit
>Christian morality
Ridiculous perversions of Christ-ian morality mixed with whatever is trendy at the moment and general human pettiness.
>>2983464
>good
Goodness is a nonentity without an arbiter. Goodness is not enough, you stinky humanist.
>>
>>2984227
Christianity is absolutely politically anti-authoritarian. One is obedient to God, not Sir Brownnose Christ-ian on the big seat.
>>2984356
t. literal cultist*
Get over yourself, neopagan.
>>2984445
WE WUZ VIKANGS N SHIEET
>>
>>2984592
Romans 13. Obeying God means obeying your ruler unless he orders you to do something against God.
>>
>>2984582
Nietzsche has nothing but contempt for what I described.
>>
>>2984684
There is no ruler that is not against God. You do not understand Romans 13.
>>2984689
False.
>>
>>2984696
There is no ruler not given authority by God.

True, you haven't read The Will to Power or The Antichrist
>>
>>2984734
>There is no ruler not given authority by God.
False. Statist nonsense.
>True, you haven't read The Will to Power or The Antichrist
Yes I have, I simply didn't read them wrong.
>>
>>2984745
Romans 13:1 is nonsense? Tolstoy, plz

Eisegesis is wrong, for both Nietzsche and the Bible.
>>
>>2984799
Your misunderstanding of Romans 13:1 is nonsense.
>>
>>2984810
I understand Greek grammar, Paul's is hardly elaborate.
>>
>>2984825
Understanding a language does not equate to understanding a text.
>>
File: 1480598777777.jpg (602KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1480598777777.jpg
602KB, 1600x1200px
>>2984428
Nippon is very beautiful.
>>
>Humility, meekness and selfless poverty are beautiful.

Yeah sure I can agree with that...

>Crying to God in anguish over your sins is beautiful.

God I hate you deva-sucking cucks.

Buddhism did everything good that Christianity did, but 500 years earlier, and without debasing yourself before a cruel and fickle desert tribal god.

>>2982585

>If one presupposes the existence of God and his righteousness

That's a nice big infinite IF you got there.
>>
>>2984844
Understanding the Bible comes from the Spirit of Truth, who was given by Christ to His Bride 2,000 ago as a guardian and promise. No understanding which was not taught continuously from ancient times until today, and conflicts with those that are, can be from the Spirit of Truth
>>
>>2985217
Buddhism hasn't done any of the good of Christianity, they aren't remotely comparable.Yoh should see Ostrov (it's on youtube) to see how different Christian sainthood is from Buddhism
>>
>>2984097
You would try to kill all people?! What the fuck is wrong with you? Good luck in trying though, you will be killed after a few deaths by a police officer who has the will for power. Also what makes you sure that a spiritual elder could judge if it is a message from god or not, isn´t that just believing the elder instead of believing the almighty dude? If this dude is allmighty couldn´t he just make you believe him without asking an elder?
>Taste is not a valid reason of itself, no. But God willing you to enjoy food is.
Not a valid reason, lol, tell that to all who are eating because it tastes so good, so they can laugh too. You are denying the truth over a delusion of gods will. Taste the apple from the tree my child and begin to understand, to know, it will lead you out of your confusion. May knowledge bring peace to your heart and mind, amen.
>>
>>2985469
Whites have never widely practiced it ;^)
>>
>>2984428
What is this?
>>
>>2986706
a huge assed area containing most of the world pop and they all need Jesus
>>
>>2984418
Quite the opposite is true, as usual.
>>
>>2985562
What can I say? I'm not a humanist

If I were as old and experienced as the elder, I wouldn't need to consult him. But spiritual delusion caused by demons or pride is considered a very serious and not uncommon thing.

I would rather be a fool for Christ than wise for the world.
>>
>>2985562
>couldn´t he just make you believe him
Yes, but that's not his modus operandi
>>
>>2986827
You are obviously not a good person, because you are only doing what you believe is god´s will and not doing good because it is good. I rather be a good person and seek joy in my life and that of others than to be a puppet of the allmighty puppetmaster. I would rather be wise for the world and be a good role model than to live and obey to a obsolete god and his so called son. By the way the "spiritual" delusion is just psychosis and not caused by fictional demons.
>>
>>2986827
And you are just ignoring my question.

>what makes you sure that a spiritual elder could judge if it is a message from god or not?

What kind of experience has such an elder?
Would you rather take an exorcism than the medication from a real doc, when he says that you are hearing not god but some demons?
How does the elder find the difference between demon and god? Or is he just assuming?
Or will he say son if he tells you to do something bad then it must be a demon? If you answer yes to the last question isn´t this in contrary to what you said before about doing gods will no matter what he says to you?
>>
10 Not only that, but Rebekah’s children were conceived at the same time by our father Isaac. 11 Yet, before the twins were born or had done anything good or bad—in order that God’s purpose in election might stand: 12 not by works but by him who calls—she was told, “The older will serve the younger.”[d] 13 Just as it is written: “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.”[e]

14 What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Not at all! 15 For he says to Moses,

“I will have mercy on whom I have mercy,
and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”[f]
16 It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God’s mercy. 17 For Scripture says to Pharaoh: “I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.”[g] 18 Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden.

19 One of you will say to me: “Then why does God still blame us? For who is able to resist his will?” 20 But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? “Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’”[h] 21 Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?

22 What if God, although choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath—prepared for destruction? 23 What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory— 24 even us, whom he also called, not only from the Jews but also from the Gentiles?
>this is so moral you guise
>>
>>2986832
It´s not his modus operandi, lol. You, a little dirt compared to an omnipotent substance, know what it´s modus operandi is. You two must be best buddies, since you know so much about it, but no, all you know is from a book written by people and from people who read that book. The sooner you realize that this book is a human book with errors such as all human books the better for you. And please don´t procreate and spread those fairy tales to your children.
>>
>>2986957
That is correct, I am not a good person in any humanist sense. As pic related, St. Ignatius Brianchaninov says, "Has some good thought come to you? Stop! .... there is no agreement whatever between the good of the good of the Gospel with the good of fallen human nature. The good our fallen nature is mixed with evil, just as delicious and wholesome food becomes poison when it is mixed with poison. Guard yourself from doing the good of fallen human nature.... The Lord orders the complete renunciation of fallen nature, and hatred for its motives and impulses, not only for those that are obviously evil, but for all without exception, even the apparently good."
>>
>>2987018
There are many ways of telling. For one thing, demons often praise you, whereas God and angels don't (Orthodox believe this is why Mary was suspicious when she was told she would conceive). God is a radiance as the sun, demons generally give just a bright glow. Spiritual elders know a lot more about all that

demons talking to you doesn't necessitate excorcism. Excorcism is for possession
>>
>>2987177
Fallen human nature. This is exactly what nietzsche hated about you and your kind. You make the proposition that human nature is bad and throw dirt on good deeds such as procreating without marrying.
>>
>>2987234
If you can look at the behavior of the vast majority humans and arrive at the conclusion that humanity is fundamentally good then that says everything about the quality of your judgment.
>>
>>2987234
Human nature is essentially good, but we have taken on a perverted inclination, a second nature. Sin actually goes againsr our essential nature, our being, which is why it causes death.

If no one ever had sex outside of wedlock again, the world would be much better
>>
>>2987204
>God is a radiance as the sun, demons generally give just a bright glow.

So the difference is in the light, what the fuck?!
How can you tell that the sun is not god then?

>Thou shalt doubt every god.
>>
>>2987250
Yes i say every human is good from the beginning. I have never seen a bad baby, have you?
The evil ones make mistakes because they are mentally ill for example psychopaths who have no empathy, and some are doing bad things because they have not thought about the consequences of their doing, those shall be tought philosophy.
>>
>>2987269
The sun hurts your eyes. God's radiance can be unpleasant too, that is what Orthodox understand hellfire to be, but that is quite a bit different

Anyway, brightness is hardly the sole criterion, it was just an example
>>
>>2987291
You really ought to read Notes from Underground
>>
>>2987291
Infants are selfish and do not have control over their emotions; very little changes when they become adults.
>>
>>2987296
So basically you mostly don´t know how elders find the difference between demons, god and angels and you are just assuming that they know what to do in such a case. That is a blind assertion that you make by thinking the elders know what to do.

>Thou shalt never make blind assertions
>>
>>2987311
The selfishness is not a problem, at least not if one has empathy.

>I see a poor man starving to death.
>I feel his pain by seeing him.
>I give him to eat
>I see him smile
>I smile too
>By doing so i was selfish, because i didn´t want to feel bad while seeing him.
>If i just go away the thought of a man that dies in the street follows me.
>Thus to loose that bad feeling i give him to eat.
>>
>>2987314
I trust the spiritual elders as experts here, yes. They have a lot of collective experience in dealing with thar sort of thing. They are much holier than I, which means they are more discerning
>>
>>2987299
From Dostoyevsky?
>>
>>2987327
You think babies have empathy?
>>
>>2987349
Yes
>>
>>2987351
They have the natural ability to copy behaviour. How do you think they learn to speak? A baby of course has it not developed but a seed is in them that, in time, will grow to the flower that is empathy.
>>
>>2982475
Of course it's beautiful. Only the tasteless would deny it.
>>
>>2987361
So what´s the connection to this controversy in his book?
>>
>>2987369
So you think most adults behave as though they have "the flower of empathy?"

Again >>2987250
>>
>>2987394
Lol, the low quality of my judgement.

>Believes that a virgin got pregnant without having sex.
>Believes that jesus could walk on water
>Believes Adam and Eve alone fucked together to procreate an incest family that spreads over the world.
>Believes that Noah had incest animals on his ship to procreate the population of the world after the flood.
>Believes in miracles
>Believes in demons.
>>
>>2987394
I think you don´t know exactly how empathy works.
If you take a bad role model to have empathy with you become a bad person, because by seeing his lust for bad things you get the same lust.
>>
>>2987394
Read Spinoza´s ethics to know what i mean with empathy. Maybe you like him, he believed in god, but was a good author though.
>>
>>2987442
He didn't believe in God, he just identified nature as God to be less offensive
>>
>>2987478
I know but i didn´t know that you know.
>>
>>2983201
>Not mentioning machine learning.
>>
>>2987414
The edge is blinding here.
>>
>>2987482
I'm not whom you were talking to, I'm
>>2987332
>>2987299
>>2987266
>>2987177
>>
>>2988279
Shit happens. You know it´s always a bit confusing with the anonymous thing.
>>
>>2988305
Yes, that is why I used to use a trip
>>
File: LITTY.png (1MB, 820x1102px) Image search: [Google]
LITTY.png
1MB, 820x1102px
hey dudes so like one thing thats always bugged me about nietzsche is how he was a syphilitic weakling in real life and orbited that russian chick. it kinda makes it seem like the bombastic tone he adopted in his writings was a coping mechanism or something either way it makes him seem like a total phony to me plus he died insane and alone so its weird people take his life advice so seriously

>>2988330
no one cares
>>
>>2988353
Nietzsche is not for the weak.
>>
File: Rodgers.gif (4MB, 533x300px) Image search: [Google]
Rodgers.gif
4MB, 533x300px
>>2988418
but like why was he weak nerd irl then?
>>
>>2982920
>thinking death is the end
this is why you fail
>>
>>2982475
too bad that only one in like five hundred thousand people that self-identify as Christian actually, ya know, work to love and succor their fellow humans instead of using the identification as a way of feeling better about themselves while doing evil work and then maybe once in a while saying sorry as if it wasn't on purpose
Fucktons of murderers, conquerors, hateful legislators, oppressive banker thieves, and just plain jerks all unironically but insanely believing that they follow and believe in the teachings of Jesus.

Just ask my Jewish people how good "Christians" have on the balance been to them throughout history.

Granted, true good Christians have been as much a friend and positive lesson to Jews as to any other people.
>>
>>2989396
Characters like Dhu Nuwas and Bar Kokhba show Jews were even worse when they had dominance over Christians
>>
>>2985469

>Buddhism hasn't done any of the good of Christianity

Like...?

Your holy wars and mass persecutions utterly dwarf anything committed in the name of Buddhism, and Christian charity is nothing special or unique.

Furthermore, Christianity is a religion for intellectual and emotional children, centering around psychotic guilt-tripping and a childish savior fantasy, whereas (at least Theravada) Buddhism places responsibility on the individual for their own salvation, and assigns punishment directly proportional to immorality committed.
>>
>>2988438

He tried to tear down millenia of human morality, and maturely accepted and embraced the reality of nihilism.

Embracing the void and revolutionizing philosophy is far more impressive than success in primate sexual dynamics.

There's also the basic fact that the truth of an idea stands independent of whoever says it. Even if he was a Christfag in real life his ideas would still be valid.
>>
File: images.jpg (35KB, 319x461px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
35KB, 319x461px
>1437 of the lunar calendar
>people of the book still didnt upgrade to the supirior religion
>>
File: Panj_pyare.jpg (51KB, 350x227px) Image search: [Google]
Panj_pyare.jpg
51KB, 350x227px
>>2989555

Yeah to be honest man I really don't get it.
>>
>>2982475
I'm almost positive you got Nietzche wrong on this. I used to think Nietzche had Christianity wrong because I thought he was speaking about it from it's true purpose and foundation.

When he was actually speaking about how "people" were "interpreting" Christianity. There is only one law of morality. One path to walk down. Beauty IS on that path. But what people did to morality by way of THEIR OWN interpretation of Christianity, which is, they emphasized their focus only on the suffering and completely abandoned and forgot the beauty. I think there came a time where everyone tried to put their "woe is me" on display and completely forgot to enjoy life. Everything was dark and rigid and every little thing was sin. Witch hunts came to be, mob mentality came to be, all out of some dark view on life.

An example of Christians getting it wrong...walking around with picket signs that claim "God hates fags." There's Christians who think they know every reprobate, as if they know the context of a reprobate, as if they know who's life God is/is not working in. Some times it can be in the most wretched who's attempting correction, but Christians attempt to judge them before God judges them, or when God, which is the very concept of truth and mercy, is working with them.

And when the Christian insults a man or women, it just reinforces that man or women in their error. It actually hinders mercy and truth to work with the incorrect, because they judge God by what they see from Christians and therefore refuse God, which is equal to refusing mercy and truth.

"Judge and you will be equally judged."
"Many will say, Lord, Lord"
"I will tell them to depart from me, you never knew Me"
etc etc

This is similar to the variable that I'm pretty positive Nietzche was talking about. It was about the Christians of his time, and THEIR ATTEMPT to redefine morality.
>>
>>2989532
I'm Orthodox, please don't group me in with Catholics, we excommunicated them and were a major casualty of their holy wars. Their religion is a blend of Christianity and humanism.

If you measure good done purely by humanist standards, you totally fail to understand either religion. Both are about spiritual transformation.

You're right, Christianity, at least Orthodox Christianity, stresses forgiveness, mercy and contrition, rather than fairness, justice and self-will. As Saint Isaac the Syrian said, mercy and justice cannot coexist. This attitude is indicative of our theory of atonement, which understands Christ as saving humanity from bondage to the devil (the accuser, the lord of death and the particular judgement), rather than being a surrogate target of God's wrath.
>>
>>2990119
No, Nietzsche strongly resented Christianity for eclipsing paganism. Although he liked Islam even better than paganism, and said Christians should have accepted it.
>>
>>2990252
Again though, I'm reading that he said Jesus was the the only/last Christian.

This lightly emphasizes the point I was trying to make. Because you have Christianity that Jesus attempted to convey and the interpretative version that stems from that. And what stemmed from that took many forms, some not so good.

As for his thoughts on Islam, again, taking into account the thoughtfulness of Nietzsche, I wouldn't be surprised if he just dissected and extracted the little that can be objectively "ok" from "Islam." That's just me making a prediction though, haven't read enough to know for sure so I'm entirely open to the possibility that I'm dead ass wrong about his perspective on Islam.
>>
>>2990352
Nietzsche says Jesus was the only Christian because he had his own version of Jesus distinct from the Jesus on the Bible (as Nietzsche was too timid to outright attack Christ). He obviously wasn't saying Jesus was the last man to follow the Gospel, which would be absurd.

Nietzsche loved Islam because of its warrior basis, its forbidding of alcohol, and its sumptuous aesthetic.
>>
>>2990352
My post here

But Christianity as it's meant to be has capacity. It has the capacity to permit positive change, specifically through the concept of forgiveness. To forgive literally allows all involved, both the forgiver and the one being forgiven to adjust. As forgiveness doesn't restrict anyone to a box of judgement AS a motive, or restrict anyone to a box as a space to be judged within. It allows both to move past perceived fortified boundaries, which in itself is a path to progression as it doesn't allow the concept of hindrance to drop anchor for long.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is where Nietzsche falls short though, at the idea that Christianity has capacity to be refined to perfection, as it was meant to be. Because on one head he criticizes Christ, judging his teachings as backwards, but gave him credit for his peaceful nature.
>>
>>2990390
Yeah, I just agree with some of his perceptions on what Christianity became though. If anything though, he kinda reinforces the idea that the path to destruction is broad and the path to perfection is extremely narrow. Meaning to get it ""absolutely right""" is not a easy task. As we can witness from everyone's attempt to get it 'absolutely right', only to fall short in other neglected areas.
>>
>>2990390
>Nietzsche loved Islam.

Please read him again and you will find no love to the Islam. He loved some of their behaviour, not the religion.
>>
File: Excellent.gif (2MB, 250x158px) Image search: [Google]
Excellent.gif
2MB, 250x158px
>>2989545
>the reality of nihilism
>the truth of an idea

pick one dweeb
>>
>Christianity
>Humility
Human chauvinism is like the heart of Christianity
>>
>>2993747
That's because only humans can pray and were the only animals created to
Thread posts: 160
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.