[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, /his/ I propose we organize a basic reading chart for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1498055355180.png (2MB, 1049x1263px) Image search: [Google]
1498055355180.png
2MB, 1049x1263px
Hello, /his/

I propose we organize a basic reading chart for Law.

Nothing specific that works only for American Law Students, lets keep it related to the General Theory of Law, Philosophy of Law and International Law.

For example, I suggest "The Pure Theory of Law" by Kelsen, "Discourses on Titu Livius" by Machiavelli, and "The RIghts of War and Peace" by Grotius as a beginning.

More so, I think we shouldn't "waste" space by mentioning the fundamental Greek classics such as "The Republic" by Plato or anything by Aristotle. Those are required reading for pretty much anything. Cicero, on the other hand, is something we should consider.

What do you think?
>>
>>2982005
hello stupid cunt here honestly have no clue half the shite you said but bumperino m8t
>>
>>2982024
thanks I guess
>>
>>2982005
Legal theory was the hardest exam for me.
Harder than contracts, harder than criminal procedure, harder than roman law.

What i find fascinating is different legal systems and their approach to contracts and property.
Is there a comprehensive book about Germany's over reliance (in my mind) on the cadastre vs the French "lol, as soon as you sign the contract it's yours, have fun at court with the other 7 people he sold the house to"
>>
>>2982205
that is really fascinating. Can't help you though.

Where did you finish Law School?
>>
>>2982005
It better be exclusively AngloAmerican or it's useless to us. We're not interested in whatever weird 'diets' you barbarians use to govern yourselves.
>>
>promoting weak morality and general statism
>>
>>2984609
in your ideal capitalist society the point of the state would be to solely defend property rights, which means recourse to an efficient law system and code, retard
>>
>>2984617
>ideal
>capitalist
>society
Pick one, or all; I want none of these things.
>>
I've always been interested in what law is but I'm not really sure where to start.
Is it just a matter of reading textbooks?
>>
Just finished law school recently and have been thinking about something like this for quite some time.

Legal history would be something really interesting, and remains the best class I personally studied. Difficult to condense it down to a nicely packaged reading list of sorts though.

Another thing would be particularly noteworthy cases from your jurisdiction. Good for legal history, comparative law, etc.

Anyone able to recommend me some decent legal fiction? I wanna get hyped for working in criminal defence.
>>
>>2984620
why don't you like statism then. statism can enforce morality pretty well desu
>>
>>2984628
>enforce morality
What the hell are you on? Where are you getting this from? Back to the ass-mines!
>>
>>2984633
>promoting weak morality and statism
your words not mine
>>
>>2984649
How the hell did you get into any respectable university with reading comprehension that poor?
>>
>>2984655
you didn't link any other post, so i interpreted it as it was. anyway you come off as a complacent cunt, so i'm not going to bother responding to you anymore.
>>
>>2984664
>as it was
Horribly. Please drop out, you smelly statist.
>>
In general I disregard everything written by a Jew.

Except physics.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.