[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What events in history were inevitable, that even if you somehow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

What events in history were inevitable, that even if you somehow time traveled to the past to change it, you couldn't?
>>
>>2978047
The falls of both the eastern and western Roman empires.
WW2
>>
>>2978060
Nigga nah.

Discovering the new world would be a big one
>>
File: 1497732474176.jpg (118KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1497732474176.jpg
118KB, 600x800px
>>2978047
The catch of Constantinople
>>
>>2978060
>WW2

You just go back and stop the Archduke from being assassinated.
>>
>>2978098
that was the trigger for ww1, not the cause. If it weren't for that assassination, Germany would have eventually found another crisis to escalate.
>>
germany losing ww2
>>
>>2978047
Everything that happened prior to first single cell life on Earth, as well as any following meteor impact.
>>
>>2978341
Not necessarily. Europe and the Ottoman Empire were ruled by particularly inept leaders at that time. I'm not denying that some war wouldn't have happened, but I doubt it would be anything as large and horrific.
>>
File: crusader pepe.jpg (178KB, 1024x587px) Image search: [Google]
crusader pepe.jpg
178KB, 1024x587px
>>2978047
Battle of Tours
La Reconquista
Norman Conquest of Sicily
Collapse of the Ottoman Empire
>>
>>2978047
Extincion of dinosaurs.
>>
File: 1496082914244.png (110KB, 549x413px) Image search: [Google]
1496082914244.png
110KB, 549x413px
>>2978047

If the past is malleable how do you decide that an event is historically inevitable?
>>
>>2978539
I suppose you're right, even the meteor that killed the dinosaurs could've missed Earth if our planet was formed in a way that its orbit or speed or mass was just different enough to dodge it. In the end, I suppose everything right after the Big bang could've turned out differently.
>>
>>2978414
How was the Norman Conquest of Sicily inevitable?
>>
America becoming a superpower
>>
>>2978047
The creation of the Bible, or any Bible.
>>
>>2978581
aka everything is 'inevitable,' causal interactions of particles at the beginning of the universe determine all future events.
>>
>>2978822
Does that also mean that time travel would also be predetermined?
>>
>>2978047
Static events gated by technological progress and desire to perform them. Here are some examples:

Discovering fire
Learning ancient mathematics to figure things like the size of the planet out
Discovering the new world
Creating new forms of government like a democracy
The development of trade networks, or an economic system in general as kingdoms grew in power and size
The development of the wheel, ships, the taming of horses to make travel easier and more efficient

Extrapolating about more specific things related to our time line in history as inevitable is foolish and impossible.
>>
>>2978830
yes. it also means you can't go back to a time before the time machine was invented.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.