[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does the afrocentrist perception of Egypt prevail when the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 17

File: 155px-Fayum-01.jpg (9KB, 155x199px) Image search: [Google]
155px-Fayum-01.jpg
9KB, 155x199px
Why does the afrocentrist perception of Egypt prevail when the Fayum portraits exist?
>>
>>2977989
Every piece of evidence is part of a mega-conspiracy by whitey.
>>
>>2977989
Because many people in the US fail to accept that the middle east is host to its own family of races that are neither white nor African in nature.
>>
>>2977989

>prevail
>>
>>2977989
"He looks light skinned" and to be fair I know black Americans that look like him and other Fayum
>>
>>2978204
He looks like a Med, not like a nigger.
>>
File: hotepsvsotheblacks.png (256KB, 1270x887px) Image search: [Google]
hotepsvsotheblacks.png
256KB, 1270x887px
>Prevail

Its doesn't
>>
>>2978219
Tbqf I know quadroons that have that hair and look
>>
>>2978222
yeah but we are talking about mixed blacks, not congo-tier melanin people
>>
>>2978222
American blacks are mongrels
>>
File: IMG_2056.png (606KB, 633x577px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2056.png
606KB, 633x577px
>>2977989
Don't forget the darker Southern/Upper Egyptians. Plenty of them would be considered "black" by modern standards. Of course, they are unrelated to African Americans who came mostly from West Africa
>>
File: IMG_2139.jpg (388KB, 2400x1342px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2139.jpg
388KB, 2400x1342px
>>2978293
And them today
>>
>>2978293
Egypt had Nubians and Egyptians. But that's too much for people to comprehend.
>>
File: IMG_2182.jpg (52KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2182.jpg
52KB, 420x420px
>>2978329
Upper Egyptians and Nubians were pretty much the same racially although you also had sprinkles of black south-Sudanese type people too. Lower and Central Egypt folks looked like OP's pic.
>>
>>2978359
Just like right now
>>
File: kaepernick.jpg (38KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
kaepernick.jpg
38KB, 1200x630px
>>2978222
Mulattos and quadroons unsurprisingly end up looking middle eastern. Pic related, Kaepernick's mulatto.
>>2978293
Right, Axum/Nubia/Ethiopia were all clearly black, but relatively unrelated to West Africans and New World blacks.
>>
File: afri.gif (55KB, 642x580px) Image search: [Google]
afri.gif
55KB, 642x580px
>>2978182
>African
Stop using the word "African" as a synonym of "black". Subsaharan Africa shouldn't even count as real Africa.
>>
>>2978393
I'd include Ethiopia in with "Africa", but that's just me.
>>
>>2977989
American niggers are literal brainlets, they actually would have a more legit argument if they claimed to be Anglos than claiming to be Egyptian, since the average black American carries 15% to 20% white, mostly Anglo genes. But I guess they are emotionally unable to cope with the fact they're literal rape babbys and mongrels.
>>
>>2978402
Sudan as well.
>>
>>2977989
Because those are Ptolemys.
>Inb4 le smug light skin Alexandrian at the top and Cushitic Bejas equated with Nilotic Nobiis at the bottom.jpeg
Really the portraits do resemble many modern Egyptians and people from all over the region for that matter but it doesn't account for all Egyptians throughout history.
>>
Look at this Saudi Salafist. Is this purely a product of slavery too?
https://youtu.be/fA5p82snwhs
>>
>>2978573
What are you talking about
>>
>>2978553
Plotemy era but they're native Egyptians
>>
File: WCCCSeptimiusDec4.jpg (47KB, 310x320px) Image search: [Google]
WCCCSeptimiusDec4.jpg
47KB, 310x320px
>>2978393
This desu
>>
>>2978739
Is he an example of slave descent or is he representative of a prevalent phenotype in the North/East Africa Near East region. It looks to me that E1b1b distribution is like the North/East African Near East equivalent to the Indo-European expansion.
>>
>>2978753
iirc some of them were greek
>>
>>2979055
They were all Greek, I will never understand the "Ptolemys were Egyptian" meme.
>>
File: IMG_20170621_094729_0.jpg (227KB, 1076x1716px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170621_094729_0.jpg
227KB, 1076x1716px
>>
>>2980740
>"This suggests that an increase in Sub-Saharan African gene flow into Egypt occurred within the last 1,500 years"

AKA the Muslim conquest of Egypt partially niggerized the population.
>>
>>2980760
Sub-Saharan doesn't mean anything black the native ancestry of Egyptians is black. Genes don't exist in a vacuum.
>>
>>2980779
Fuck off Jamal
>>
>>2980780
Deal with it.
>>
>>2980816
>deal with my made up fantasies
No.
>>
>>2977989
Test
>>
>>2980760
>take DNA from post conquest nobility
>Use as the foundation for all Egyptians of all time.

Where did the practice of Egyptian style mummification come from?

Subsaharan is a relatively new and racialized term, unscientific.

This "study" is hilariously flawed and biased agenda pushing.
>>
>>2978204
>I know black Americans that look like him and other Fayum
African-Americans have like 30% European ancestry, so that's why they look nothing like pure African blacks
>>
>>2978204
Isn't light Skinned another name for Mulato/quadroon? I seen american "blacks" with green eyes, pale skin and blond hair.
>>
>>2980896
Mulatto is half black, half white.

Quadroon is quarter black, 3/4 white.
>>
>>2980948
I know, it seems it means anyone with any degree of black and white blood.
>>
When were these portraits made? Egypts history is a couple of thousand years, a lot can happen in that time.
>>
>>2980864

how is a scientific study of mummy DNAagenda pushing? If its flawed or biased, explain how. Merely asserting it doesn't make it so. DNA testing is not biased. Also what conquest are you referring to? These mummies cover a large period of egyptian history. Why can't you just let go and accept reality for what it is? Egypt is not in sub-saharan africa and african americans and west africans have no relation to egyptians, anceint or modern, whatsoever
>>
>>2977989
What do you mean "prevail"? The afrocentrist perception of Egypt is a minority view.
>>
File: 1486955947522.jpg (24KB, 208x199px) Image search: [Google]
1486955947522.jpg
24KB, 208x199px
>>2977989
>prevail

I get that afrocentrists are low hanging fruit, but Chr-st, no one cares.
>>
File: ASSASINS'N'SHIET.jpg (43KB, 584x490px) Image search: [Google]
ASSASINS'N'SHIET.jpg
43KB, 584x490px
>>2977989
If a game as historical accurate
as assassins creed says
egyptians were black
, exept the evil ones, they are probably right
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 575x431px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 575x431px
>>2982301
Because they should study mummies from earlier periods instead of drawing conclusions from mummies of a very specific time period. Also how does one draw conclusions about an entire population from a select few extremely high class individuals. It would be like finding obama's corpse in the future and concluding that all Americans were black. I never said that Egyptians are related to black Americans, but the vast majority would be considered black by conventional standards, and all evidence points to the mass of the population and culture originating from the south ie. Ethiopic.

Why does Egyptians being black bother white people so much.
>>
>>2982440
>Because they should study mummies from earlier periods

why? because you beleive those mummies were black and therefore only they should be DNA tested? why not test mummies from any period?

>Also how does one draw conclusions about an entire population from a select few extremely high class individuals.

As far as I'm aware they haven't drawn conclusions about the whole pooulation. But ancient egyptians of all classes have been tested with similar results.

>Why does Egyptians being black bother white people so much.

it doesnt, egyptians not being black bothers hoteps. Other people are just bothered by bullshit and people deluding themselves
>>
>>2982489
Only nobility was mummified, so Egyptians of all classes were not tested.

As far as testing earlier mummies, to know who the ancient Egyptians were it is important to know their cultural origins, and they have much more cultural continuity to other Nile civilizations than the civilizations from the north.

Ancient Egypt likely became multicultural a very long time ago, but human migration patterns alone dictate that their civilization and culture followed the flow of the Nile.
>>
>>2982510
>Only nobility was mummified,

wrong, and you don't need mummies to test human remains.

>As far as testing earlier mummies, to know who the ancient Egyptians were it is important to know their cultural origins, and they have much more cultural continuity to other Nile civilizations than the civilizations from the north.

they were a combination of nilotic civilisation and levant civilisation
>>
>>2982510
>Only nobility was mummified, so Egyptians of all classes were not tested.
Wouldn't that mean that the nobility was near-eastern?
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 736x736px
>>2982611
Yes, post invasion Egypt was a multicultural society with those that conqured it at the top. They were not native Egyptians.

There is a reason that southern Egypt was referred to as "upper" Egypt and northern Egypt was "lower" Egypt. Because the indigenous people and culture were derived from the south.
>>
>>2982604
Do you have any idea how expensive mummification would have been? Even by today's standards. Only the most wealthy would have been able to afford it.

Levantines were not native Egyptians, they were from the levant.
>>
>>2982646
>Levantines were not native Egyptians, they were from the levant.

Do you know how long ago they came to egypt? Technically no one is native to anywhere
>>
>>2982646

"The best and most expensive kind is said to represent [Osiris], the next best is somewhat inferior and cheaper, while the third is cheapest of all" (Nardo, 110).
>>
>>2982758
By native I mean they were not the original inhabitants or the source of Egyptian culture.
>>
>>2982646
No, top tier mummification is expensive. But primitive mummification is so easy you can do it in your garage.
>>
>>2982768
I somewhat agree with this but it's messy because we have to define what constitutes "native". The earliest inhabitants of future Egypt were certainly south-sudan type folks. The earliest waves of west asian migrations mixing with these populations are what produced the various afro-asiatic populations probably around the neolithic. Egypt has probably been constantly absorbing subsequent waves of these migrations and invasions throughout its time which explains the fairer lower Egyptians like those portraits show. In a sense, they're all native also have varying degrees of west asian mixture. Only more definitive studies in the future along with more remains will tell for sure.
>>
>>2982633
I don't know why you always post Ethiopians in Egypt threads. Why not simply post pics of actual upper Egyptians instead? That's like posting a picture of Greeks in a Roman thread. Yeah they're both indo-european but why not just go straight to the point and post who it is you're talking about directly? Because you're that Ethiopian Afrocentric guy that's why I suspect . I'm the Ethiopian-American you called a ferenj before lol
>>
>>2982883
To exaggerate my point. Most modern Egyptians have been far more thoroughly arabized, so do not in anyway retain pre-Islamic Nile culture. The borders of modern Egypt do not constitute "Egypt" in its entirety when we talk about ancient Egypt, because they were drawn up by Brits in the 19th century. I'm not Afrocentric, I'm a legit anthropologist.
>>
>>2982945

*drawn up by arabs and then blamed on the brits by liberals and arabs because arabs fucked up their own countries
>>
>>2982768

like I said, the source of egyptian culture was earlier levant culture and nilotic culture. So yes they are the source of egyptian culture
>>
>>2982633
>post invasion Egypt
Which invasion are you referring to? Because there were dozens.
>>
>>2980955
Until blackness is unseen.

Mariah Carey is considered Black, Nicole Richie is mixed race.

But if Nicole Richie spent her career proclaiming her blackness she'd be received as a black woman.

Thin line but makes sense.
>>
>>2983001
By the time levantines got there, people were already there. People that were already practicing mummification and animism. People that came from the south. How is this so difficult to understand.
>>
File: klay thompson.jpg (174KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
klay thompson.jpg
174KB, 1500x1500px
>>2983034
That's only because Americans are literal imbeciles who don't know how human genetics work. This guy is unironically considered "black" in America, shows you how retarded that entire country is.
>>
>>2983034
One drop rule. Because of that blacks come in a vast spectrum of shades and phenotypes. Virtually all black Americans are mixed to varying degrees.
>>
>>2978204
Those Black Americans are probably Mulattos. The origins of Light Skinned Black Americans lies in European admixture
>>
>>2983063
And in that respect they are similar to Egyptians while not being directly related to them.

A comparable type of ethnogenesis.
>>
>>2983079
It's kind of comical how the American blacks think of themselves as a racially homogenous group and hate the white man, yet literally their entire identity was created by the white man. If you teleported someone like Mariah Carey into the Congo tomorrow, nobody there would consider her African.
>>
>>2983093
That's part of the reason why Pan Africanism is so retarded, but you can't really blame them.

They weren't allowed to retain their individual cultures, so they can't really be blamed for not having an identity. It's even worse when you consider that African brotherhood didn't stop one tribe from selling off their brothers as slaves
>>
>>2983119
They never had an individual culture outside of an American one. They are a uniquely American ethnic group, literal products of American history.
>>
>>2983119
Yeah screaming black power, kill whitey is like saying fuck Star Trek in Klingon or adopting satanism because you hate christianity.
>>
>>2983046

he'd be considered mixed race, both black and white
>>
All of this debate over black or not is pretty foolish. Look, there were numerous decades of Egyptian Ruling families. There were those black skinned dynasties, but they were not native Egyptians. Native Egyptians were a ethnic identity that shifts drsmatically over the thousands of years it existed. The Ancient Egyptians were keen to depict themselves as lighter than Black People but Darker than Levantines. So they are a dark brown color. Why do you people get so hung up on the Melanin content of a peoples that existed thousands of years ago. To claim ancestry of a civilization several thousands years old is a bit foolish. If you people, black, brown, olive skinned, white, whatever claim ancestry to an Ancient peoples why don't you just get your genome traced and shut up about it. The proof is in the fucking Pudding
>>
>>2978393
Why is it called Africa when Europe ia distinguished from Asia despite the Russian steppe being way less a barrier than the Sahara?
>>
>>2982440
>high class
>admitting the high class people were not black
Therefore, they wuzn't kangs.
>>
>>2978390
>unsurpsrisingly

Are you implying that middle easterners have a lot of Sub-Saharan admixture? Because thats mostly not the case. And they guy in your pic looks more ethiopian
>>
Blacks are from Africa
Egypt is in Africa
Therefore Blacks are from Egypt

Simple as that, crackers
>>
>>2983262
Arabs are in Asia
China is in Asia
Therefore Arabs are from China

Simple as that, crackers.
>>
>>2977989

A better question is why the fuck does the cleopatra was black meme continue when she was a literal greek
>>
>>2983278
Because Cleopatra and king Tut are probably the only Egyptian rulers the average niggers know.
>>
>>2977989
>prevail
Go fuck yourself you memeshitting brigading faggot
>>
>>2982945
South Egyptians still retain their phenotype though despite cultural arabization which by the way is definitely more admixed looking than most Habeshas. The soft hair texture that only some of us have seems ubiquitous there. Culturally, we seem to be of local Cushitic Agaw with south arabian influnces. Not really that ancient egyptian. I cringe every time you refer to us as the true successors or something of the Egyptians.
>>
>>2983339
>brigading
Isn't this reddit lingo? You have to go back.
>>
>>2983339
>getting triggerd by a commonly used word

WUZ
>>
>>2983353
Ironic considering that retards constantly injecting their politics into every fucking board goes against the original culture of the site which was a haven for anime loving autist shut-ins; also
>>2983358
the only people that think that negrocentrism "prevails" are memeshitters that are only pretending or memehuffers that are so high off of /pol/ jenkem that they think negrpcentrism is a widely held opinion and not just the realm of fringe lunatics and idiots
>>
>>2983251
>>2983251

define a lot, even levant nations have like 10% sub-saharan genetics
>>
>>2983489
You're the one using reddit vocabulary you faggot while complaining about the word prevail.
>>
>>2983489
>how do you do fellow four channers
>let me tell you about your website
>>
>>2983214
>lighter than Black People but Darker than Levantines. So they are a dark brown color.

levantines at the time werent brown for the most part. About as "brown" as southern europeans
>>
File: Rosenberg_1048people_993markers.jpg (884KB, 1692x4137px) Image search: [Google]
Rosenberg_1048people_993markers.jpg
884KB, 1692x4137px
>>2983543
>even levant nations have like 10% sub-saharan genetics
more like 2-5%

West africans have about the same white ancestry than palestinians(levant) have black ancestry.
>>
File: ashk_afr.png (941KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
ashk_afr.png
941KB, 2048x1536px
>>2983543
black americans have A LOT more white ancestry than levant peoples have black

If blacks in america can be considered black, then even mozambites and bedouin should be considered white - not to mention levant peoples

i'm so sorry
>>
>>2983344
I never said ethiopians were the true successors or anything like that. There are simply commonalities in Nile cultures, which have been far better preserved outside of modern Egypt's political boundaries than within it.
>>
>>2983589
>not to mention levant peoples

at least 20% of lebanese and syrian people are white, you wouldn't be able to tell they are "arabs" from looking at them, unless you're familiar with what white semites look like and have a good eye.
>>
>>2983546
negrocentrism simply doesn't """prevail""" you dumb cunt
stop huffing memes or read a dictionary, whatever your malfunction is

>>2983550
Hello r/the_donald
>>
>>2982386
he looks fucking egyptian
not black not white
Egyptian
>>
>>2983551
There is no definitive way of determining their melanin content akin to that of a southern European (if so then where in Southern Europe). I also would insinuate their complexion if anything was just olive skinned like the other peoples of the eastern Mediterranean. So yes, if your peoples uniformly portray themselves as a reddish brown and yellow, depending on your gender (characteristic through out the Bronze Age E. Med.) And you depict Levantines as Olive skinned, Nubians as Black, and Libyans as a lighter Olive complexion (pretty white actually) than the Levantines. Then I would in fact say that the Egyptians were lighter than the Black skinned Nubians and darker than their olive skinned neighbors, they were probably as they depicted themselves (to some extent of course) brown to dark brown (NOT black, NOR white, & NOT as fair in their complexion as Levantines or Libyans)
>>
>>2983609
Well the peoples of Pundt in the Horn of Africa Co-Existed with the Egyptian New Kingdom and we have extensive records of Pharonic funded trade adventures down into the horn of Africa where they would aquire trade goods. So I wouldn't say it makes sense to say Egyptian cultural lineage is preserved in the horn of Africa. But I do agree that the West has done a far better job of preserving.
>>
>>2982440

>Because they should study mummies from earlier periods

"Researchers wrung genetic material from 151 Egyptian mummies, radiocarbon dated between Egypt's New Kingdom (the oldest at 1388 B.C.) to the Roman Period (the youngest at 426 A.D.), as reported Tuesday in the journal Nature Communications."

That seems like a pretty long time span to me,
>>
We now are almost certain that Rammesses the Second was either ginger or very close.
>>
>>2984704

Nice source asshat. Also, the hair was light because of decay.
>>
>>2982510
Why would Egypt being multicultural change the ethnicities of the mummies?
Even in Ptolemaic Egypt the majority of the peasentry and the nobility were Native Egyptians.
This was the same case when Egypt was being ruled by Romans, Persians, Nubians and Berbers.
If the native population of Egypt was black it wouldn't matter what period was being tested.
And actually, why would Egypt being multicultural somehow change an established black population of millions into swarthy Levantines? Historically speaking migrants get assimilated into the host population, not the other way around. Just look at turks.
>>
>>2984854
The only thing that changed dramatically was the upper class. That is usually the case with conquest. My point is that ancient Egyptian culture and heritage went from south to north following the flow of the Nile.
>>
>>2984854
>migrants get assimilated into the host population
What is America and Australia, and will be Europe?
>>
>>2985629
>America
>Australia

Did epidemic disease exterminate the Black natives of Egypt? Why use such a terrible point.
>>
>>2978390
>Mulattos and quadroons unsurprisingly end up looking middle eastern. Pic related, Kaepernick's mulatto.

They don't look middle eastern. Kaepernick looks Ethiopian
>>
File: The-Ginger.jpg (51KB, 447x667px) Image search: [Google]
The-Ginger.jpg
51KB, 447x667px
>>2984711
There's plenty of red haired Berbers and Levantine people. It's not unbelievable to believe that Ramesses the Great was red haired and fair skinned. Microscopic analysis has revealed that his natural hair color was an auburn, and that he dyed his hair red as it turned white with age to match his youth.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramesses_II

Here is another source showing "Ginger"
A predynastic egyptian mummy with blonde/red hair.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gebelein_predynastic_mummies

Also. Numerous fair haired mummies were discovered in 2014

http://www.history.com/news/egyptian-cemetery-may-contain-a-million-mummies

I'm not trying to say that all Egyptians were Nordic or something. Having fair hair was obviously rare considering the fact that red haired people were thought to be related to Seth. I just don't know why people think having light hair is exclusive to Europe or something.
>>
>>2985702
Most native Egyptians particularly from southern"upper" Egypt would be considered "black" by American standards.
>>
>>2982633
>There is a reason that southern Egypt was referred to as "upper" Egypt and northern Egypt was "lower" Egypt. Because the indigenous people and culture were derived from the south.

those parts of egypt are referred to that because of the flow of the nile river you absolute fucking dingus. the southern portion of egypt is called upper because that is technically the upper section of the nile river whereas the northern portion of egypt is called lower because that is where the nile opens up into the delta and towards the mediterranean sea. i believe that upper egypt is even of higher elevation thus reaffirming its name.

fuck you fucking idiot fuck.
>>
>>2983576
What the hell is this graph trying to tell me?
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.