[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So i have a exam for tomorrow and it some basic philosophy stuff.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: rene-descartes.jpg (151KB, 817x1000px) Image search: [Google]
rene-descartes.jpg
151KB, 817x1000px
So i have a exam for tomorrow and it some basic philosophy stuff. I think I understand it all but it would be nice to be sure.

It basically its about this 4 authors and what they think about science:
Descartes
David Hume
Karl Popper
Thomas Khun

It would be nice if /his/ could say what they know about them.
>>
>>2971159
Go do your own homework, you faggot
>>
give her the dick
>>
File: 1480298069506.jpg (73KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480298069506.jpg
73KB, 1280x720px
>>2971159
>Descartes
Dude mechanism lmao

>David Hume
Dude problem of induction lmao

>Karl Popper
Dude falsification lmao

>Thomas Khun
Dude paradigm shifts lmao

There
>>
File: 1482957993107.jpg (182KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1482957993107.jpg
182KB, 1920x1080px
>>2971237
Well, thank you anon!
>>
>>2971276
reminder that scientists are not empiricist and that ''empirical proof'' is an oxymoron: they do not rely on what they experience, instead they rely on tools that some stranger built, and output some number, and they try to what they call ''model'' what the tools output (all of this after some guy accepted to pay them).

Also, recall that modelling is a bad word since
to call something a model, you know
-the ''reality''
-the model
-the discrepancy between the model and the ''reality''

without these three things, you do not know you have modeled anything. All you have is the model and no knowledge of anything beyond the ''model'', no knowledge that there is a modelling of anything.

And if you have these three things, you know the ''reality'', thus you do not need to model it afterwards, so it is useless to have models.
=>the word model does not describe what scientists do.

what they call empiricism is empiricism done by rationalists, ie people who love to speculate, know more or less that their speculations are sterile, are always disappointing, more so once they compare them to their fantasy of the ''empirical world'' through their other fantasy of ''empirical proof'' and ''thought experiment'', but still choose to cling to their speculations in claiming that they are not able to stop speculating, therefore that ''not speculating is impossible, it is mandatory to speculate'' (plus we are paid for this now) so let's continue.
>>
bjump
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.