[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>fascist slavery bad! >communist slavery good! Was FDR

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: roosevelt-stalin.jpg (57KB, 720x537px) Image search: [Google]
roosevelt-stalin.jpg
57KB, 720x537px
>fascist slavery bad!
>communist slavery good!

Was FDR original flip-flopper?
>>
FDR and Churchill hated Communists more than Fascists.

They just had a mutual enemy in Hitler for the period of time during the 2nd World War. That is the ONLY reason they ever worked together.
>>
>>2969602
Not using nukes when the advantage was clear was a mistake. Literally less people would have died by going with Operation Unthinkable than allowing communism to grow and proxy wars to be the norm for decades.
>>
File: op is the gey.jpg (102KB, 685x600px) Image search: [Google]
op is the gey.jpg
102KB, 685x600px
>>2969598
oversimplified premise?
clear bias in the question?
blatant disregard for the political climate at the time?
watering down the definition of slavery?

This is an anon who is here for a historical discussion and not simply a reaffirmation of his own biases.
>>
>>2969602
>FDR
>hated Communists

>first president who recognized Soviet Union as legal state
>said to HUAC Chair Martin Dies: I do not regard the Communists as any present or future threat to our country, in fact I look upon Russia as our strongest ally in the years to come. While I do not believe in Communism, Russia is far better off and the world is safer with Russia under Communism than under the Czars. Stalin is a great leader, and although I deplore some of his methods, it is the only way he can safeguard his government.
>agreed at Yalta for forced return of anti-communist refugees from Eastern Europe to Soviets

It doesn't seem like hate. Know better your past leaders, burger.
>>
>>2969632
>oversimplified premise?
Blatant hipocrisy is clearly visible in Roosevelt's speeches

>clear bias in the question?
>muh poor commie-loving hero prez

>blatant disregard for the political climate at the time?
you mean national blowjobbing for commies? surely admirable

>watering down the definition of slavery?
so the dissidents were sent to gulags for holiday? Don't citizens had submit to exploitation of communist rulers or else?

Try harder.
>>
>>2969598
>Hitlerites
>Fascists
Not to mention fascism has nothing to do with slavery, its the only way how to achieve the real democracy.
>>
>>2969694
>I can't believe that we can fight a war against fascist slavery, and at the same time not work to free people all over the world from a backward colonial policy

I just quote this crippled fuck. Flip-flpping Franklin was seemingly alright with communist colonialism.
>>
>>2969713
Hitlerism isnt Fascism, what is your point.
>>
>>2969744
I know. I paraphrased in the OP quote from FDR.
>I can't believe that we can fight a war against fascist slavery, and at the same time not work to free people all over the world from a backward colonial policy
>>
>>2969759
Colonialism was a mistake, Anglo should live on his island.
>>
>>2969781
Anti-colonial attitude from commie-lover like FDR seems just silly to me.
>>
>>2969791
Iam not FDR dude
>>
>>2969803
Wat? It wasn't about you.
>>
File: OP.png (87KB, 323x326px) Image search: [Google]
OP.png
87KB, 323x326px
>>2969691
> Blatant hipocrisy is clearly visible in Roosevelt's speeches
Then post examples and we can discuss them. Not "fascism = bad communism = good" what give guise?

>muh poor commie-loving hero prez
There's that bias

> you mean national blowjobbing for commies? surely admirable
There's that bias again. Surely McCarthyism, loosely regulated capitalism, jim crow, and no social saftey nets were a much preferable time for you. FDRs willingness to work with what would become the 2nd most influential power in the world instead of starting world war 3 at a time when his citizens have just lived through 2 world wars and clearly don't want another, especially with a country that is not a direct threat to their livelyhood. But I guess coming out on top and creating the social programs that would make the US the most desirable place to live make him a commie.

> so the dissidents were sent to gulags for holiday?
People were sent to labor camps for crimes according to the constitution of USSR. Labor in prisons as a sentence is much milder than slavery or serfdom. Once your sentence is served you are free to go. LEts not forget that many people in Russia were simply exiled to siberia or sent to prison. Not everyone was sent to lbor camps. Their labor camps were also not extermination camps, many people came back alive from them. I AM NOT SAYING THEY WERE A WALK IN THE PARK AND I AM NOT DENYING THE USSRs DEATH TOLL. I am simply saying that USSRs labor camps are not the equivalent of german concentration camps. If given a choice anyone in their righ mind would take a Russian gulag sentence rather than be sent to a concentration camp.

> Don't citizens had submit to exploitation of communist rulers or else?
Doesn't every citizen have to submit to the rule of their country or else? Don't we all sign a social contract with the sovereign whether that be represented by a congress or a polit bureau? Citizens exploited? Not more so than usual.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.