[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If god really loves us, why does hell exist? While obviously

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: jesus-bleu-mauve.jpg (16KB, 363x391px) Image search: [Google]
jesus-bleu-mauve.jpg
16KB, 363x391px
If god really loves us, why does hell exist? While obviously you can love someone and still punish them, as punishment allows someone to learn a lesson and be a better person, isn't punishment without chance of redemption just sadism?
>>
>>2969035
>If god really loves us, why does hell exist?
Hell was made up by the Catholics.
>>
>>2969039
>What is tartarus
Really made me think.
>>
>>2969039
lol
>>
>>2969035
>If god really loves us, why does hell exist?
For Hylics to go when they die.
>>
>>2969039
Whether that's true or not, it seems the only thing every sect of christianity can agree on is that jesus died for our sins, and following him leads to salvation.

Isn't that a bit of a problem when the only part of your faith people agree on is the most broad interpretation what happens AFTER you die rather than how to live your life?
>>
>>2969057
>Isn't that a bit of a problem when the only part of your faith people agree on is the most broad interpretation what happens AFTER you die rather than how to live your life?
Christians don't agree with that at all. Catholics believe in purgatory and limbo, Orthodox believe in a chance of purification but purgatory and Protestants thinks it's straight up heaven or hell.
>>
>>2969065
Hence why I said BROAD interpretation, the very general idea that Jesus=Heaven (eventually in some way) and no jesus=hell (in some form)

But enlighten me on the orthodox interpretation please, what's the chance of purity?
>>
Hell exists because of the law of karma

Every action needs an opposite reaction. You cannot purify your soul until your evil actions are purified. Otherwise they would cling to the soul forever.

It is indeed a purifying fire.
>>
>>2970258
This.

Although God also made Jesus a sacrifice, delivering his retribution to him in the place of humans. You do have a chance for redemption if you repent.

I think if God just forgave everything, that would be supporting evil, so he purifies his will by protecting it with justice. That is why people go to hell.
>>
>>2969081
Some people need to to go through 28 demons before heaven. Likewise Catholicism doesn't automatically put pagans in hell.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.