[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people think it's a valid argument to say it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1480233127106.jpg (152KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480233127106.jpg
152KB, 640x720px
Why do people think it's a valid argument to say it's the CURRENT_YEAR?
>>
>>2963186
Because of STEM people think society """"""""progresses""""""""""""" according to their meme standards.
>>
>>2963199
>Because of STEM people think society """"""""progresses""""""""""""" according to their meme standards.
Do they actually believe that nonsense? Anyone who has read about the Greek Dark Ages and the SEA peoples invasion of Egypt, will know that's simply not true. The only reason Modern day Westerners are ''Tolerant''and ''Peaceful'' is thanks to the Economic prosperity of the West and the fact that they are at the top. Take those two things out, and they will be just as Imperialistic and Violent as their ancestors.
>>
Whig historiography
>>
>>2963186
It's not an argument and I have never seen it used as such.
>>
File: wakeUpTimeToDie-blog.jpg (44KB, 650x288px) Image search: [Google]
wakeUpTimeToDie-blog.jpg
44KB, 650x288px
>>2964218
>tfw you unironically hope for a nuclear war to knock our civilization back a few hundred years and prevent mindless STEM fanatics from creating Artificial Super Intelligence thereby rendering humanity obsolete.
Fucking luciferian douchebags obsessed with becoming gods will be the death of us all.
THE DEATH OF US ALL!
>>
>>2964317
Who /canticleforleibowitz/ here?
>>
>>2963199
Engineers are the worst it seems.
In engineering degree you learn a lot about how to make self correcting systems, they seem to come to bealive things like 'the market' function that way too
>>
>>2963186
Because they believe that progress is linear.
So old =bad
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.