[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Japan in ww2 truly 'Fascist'? Let's say Japan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1476387484342.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1476387484342.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
Was Japan in ww2 truly 'Fascist'?

Let's say Japan never entered ww2 and resisted American influence. What would it be like today? Would it have democracy? Would it be as developed? Would anime exist?
>>
>>2957632
It would probably be that world's North Korea, but with less famine and with more power.

Japan was isolationist for the longest time. Imperial Japan was also militaristic, expansionistic, racist, and was led by one dude that was worshiped as a god.
>>
>>2957632
>absolute monarchy
>fascist
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>2957656

By this point in time, Japan was a constitutional monarchy. It would be incorrect to say that the emperor did not hold any power, but it would be equally incorrect to suggest that he was running the country.
>>
>>2957662
>Japan
>absolute monarchy
The state of /his/ these days.
>>
>>2957665
Lots of dictatorships have constitutions. Salazar's Portugal, for instance. Constitutions are there in these dictatorships to legitimize the powers of governors.

But I agree that the military higher-ups had a lot of autonomy, and the Emperor was riding a dragon he could not tame fully even if he wanted to.
>>
>>2957632
That Hitler looks like beady
>>
File: 1453299571072.jpg (194KB, 714x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1453299571072.jpg
194KB, 714x1024px
>>2957632

Nationalistic and romantic, religious and spiritual, racist and xenophobic, fierce and cruel, morally traditionalist yet technologically advanced, a high trust unified society which always thrive for perfection

The Japanese are natural fascist, the kind of society Hitler wants the future Aryans to be
>>
File: smug liberator.jpg (129KB, 452x680px) Image search: [Google]
smug liberator.jpg
129KB, 452x680px
>>2958026
>wanted

Hitler's dead nigga
>>
>>2957690

I'm being careful because I don't want to completely absolve the Emperor of responsibility for what happened. It is impossible to know exactly what he knew and when he knew it, but certain things, like the Kamikazee squadrons, simply couldn't have happened without his knowledge and approval. In his book, Tameichi Hara claims that he actually wrote a letter to the emperor asking for him to "end the war" (negotiate for peace) after Iwo Jima was captured. He gave the letter to Prince Asaka during a chance meeting (or one of the other princes, I'm not entirely which one). Hara never received any response, positive or negative, which leads him to believe that it was simply discarded to prevent the Emperor from ever reading it. Assuming that this story is true (there is no way to prove it, so it is basically hearsay), it seems to confirm that the Emperor was being at least partially kept in the dark about how bad the situation really was.
>>
>>2957632
Who even is this faggot in the picture?
>>
>>2958026
>racist and xenophobic
fascism has nothing to do with blood
>>
>>2957632
Yes, Hideki Tojo used Fascist policies, had his Kampeitei used to destroy all dissent, expanded into other nations and was inspired by Prussian Militarism and Conservatism. They were Fascist.

Japan today would probably be like most of the other East Asian nations. it would have parliamentary democracy. It'd be developed but anime wouldn't exist.
>>
>>2958026
Cruel yes, but also capable of great magnanimity.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.