[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did Hitler cause the fall of European supremacy? From my understanding,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1465614828041.jpg (31KB, 600x496px) Image search: [Google]
1465614828041.jpg
31KB, 600x496px
Did Hitler cause the fall of European supremacy? From my understanding, after WW1 Europe was at the brink of losing control of its colonies due to the sheer number of men lost. France and the UK especially lost millions of men, which caused unrest and cries of Independence in colonies. So when WW2 started, these European nations lost even more men, which forced them to release colonies. My question is that would the colonial Empires of Europe still exist if Hitler didn't rise to power or invade Poland?
>>
>>2957309

To be fair, Kaiser Wilhelm is as much to blame for that as Hitler.
>>
>>2957313
Yes he did, but my question is that was Hitler the final nail in the coffin?
>>
>>2957309
Nah. It was written i6n the wall as soon as WWI ended.
>>
>>2957315
hitler is how willy caused it
>>
Hitler crapped his pants! Why does no one care?
>>
>>2957315
Stalin and Kruschev were.

To be fair, there would have been no Stalin and Krushchev without Willy.
>>
>muh self determination of peoples

Wilson put it in everyone's head that they'd get it soon after WWI. It made it untenable for the Euros.

Thanks perfidious burger.
>>
>>2957309
He just heated shit up, allowing for easier transition from the unstable Versaille system to a new world order (Jalta system?).
>>
>>2957542
I do!
>>
File: IMG_1592.jpg (97KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1592.jpg
97KB, 800x800px
>>2957358
This guy gets it
>>
>>2958017
Nationalism already did the damage way before Self-determination ever did.
>>
If Hitler never rose to power or at least did not invade Poland, they still have Russia breathing down their necks. The Soviets didn't like the West and the West didn't like the Soviets. If a catastrophic war doesn't ensue, then a Cold War will. No doubt the Soviets would try to find a different way to get their buffer states and try to loosen the grip of Western European nations, possibly by igniting revolts in colonies. This means European nations will either have to invest more into holding these colonies or drop the volatile colonies because the costs outweigh the rewards. The West would find their own ways to harass the Soviets. But I feel that a war would be inevitable and results would be just as catastrophic as WWII. So Colonial Empires of Europe would maybe exist a little longer but would probably become what we have today. The United States, in the meantime, would have to slowly recover from the Great Depression as World War II was their ticket out of it. If WWII never happened then they'll have to do it the hard way.
>>
>>2959275
We were doing better until Hoover and FDR decided to step in. Their policies are still fucking shit up.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.