[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk about this book /his/. I have been talking to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Quran.png (193KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Quran.png
193KB, 300x300px
Let's talk about this book /his/. I have been talking to a lot of muslims over the past few weeks and the Quran has of course been a very big part of these discussions. They worship the book as much as they worship their God, which I guess is understandable because it's supposedly his words perfectly transcribed.

But what is the real history behind it? Is it true that it was NEVER modified? Is it true that there are NO mistakes in it? I have found evidences denying the veracity of both of these statements, but Muslims always dismiss those instantly. So I want to know the truth. If there is cold hard irrefutable proof that the book isn't as perfect as it's claimed to be, if it has been tempered with, I want to see the proofs.
>>
>>2954817
Man, /his/ really has a boner for Arabic Fetishism The Religion, eh?
>>
>>2954834

I just want to understand why muslims are so easy to brainwash into believing the book is perfect, that everything in it is true, etc etc.

Like muslims say it predicts the future and that it's full of undiscovered science.

Like "In the Quran it's said that it's harder to breath when you get higher in the sky".

Altitude sickness is something that has been recently researched and stuff, but it was known MUCH earlier by people who lived in the Himalayas or any mountainous region (Sana'a in the Middle East is a good one). So I argued that Muhammad had that written in the book cause he had learned about it from traveling merchants, being a merchant himself, and that it wasn't some holy knowledge.

And they just go NO IT'S IMPOSSIBLE THAT HE COULDVE KNOWN WITHOUT GOD TELLING HIM.

It's like they doN't want to acknowledge Muhammad was a merchant who thus met other merchants, with whom knowledge has historically traveled.
>>
>>2954847
That nigga thought he was demon possessed at first, whose to say he wasent? Honestly it's not hard to think he just made a bunch of vague shit up so he can make a polity, which in turn would give him power.
>>
>>2954856

Well that's what I think happened. The guy was a genius, we gotta give him credit where credit is due. But that's not what the thread is about anyway. It's about uncovering whether it's true or not that the Quran has been untouched since its inception. Muslims argue that Christian and Jewish scriptures are fake and impure because they have been modified over their history, if the Quran has also been, their narrative stands on nothing.
>>
>>2954847
>Muhammad had that written in the book
Muhammad didn't write the book you retard. By the time the Quran was written, Muhammad has long since passed.
>>
It's the book I wipe my ass with.
>>
>>2954868

Had that written. I know he didn't write it. I know it was his companions who wrote it and it was later compiled and made into the Quran.

That compilation is probably the most interesting part, it'd be good to see how the compilation differs from the original scripts, too bad most if not all of these originals have been lost.
>>
>>2954817
Fuck no.
It's full of errors and crap that Mohamed pushed as the truth and someone else wrote down. Same as any other religion, except the Muslims are very head choppy about it.
>>
>>2954817
>They worship the book as much as they worship their God
No

>I want to see the proofs because somehow I fail to understand what faith is
>>
>>2955552
this
there is a reason muhammadin is considered an insult and quranists are derided within the mainstream islamic community
>>
>>2954817
I highly recommend reading this essay.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/1999/01/what-is-the-koran/304024/
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.