[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Italians really descendants of Romans? https://www.yout

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

Are Italians really descendants of Romans?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-kql7cpcOo
>>
Yes, neither the Goths nor the Lombards had the numbers to replace millions of Latins.
>>
>>2954790
Do we really need to go though this question twice a day?
>>
nah from chinese i think
>>
File: IMG_2412.jpg (79KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2412.jpg
79KB, 850x400px
>>2954790
They are the descendants of the Romans but then again so are many other ethnicities in the world such as the French or even English and Italians can also be called descendants of ancient Greeks or Normans. The Italian people as a whole are descendant from a myriad of different historical people's but out of all of them the Romans shine out the most in regards to genetics, linguistics, culture etc
>>
>>2954821
/thread
>>
>>2954790
Yes.
>>
>>2954821
This.
>>
>>2954804
>millions of Latins
Rome was only partially Latin even in the Kingdom let alone the Republic or Empire.
>>
>>2954821
t. anglo triggered he's not a roman descendant
>>
File: IMG_3387.gif (59KB, 800x581px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3387.gif
59KB, 800x581px
No. Romans were originally those native Latin speakers of latinum. During the 1st AD Rome was flooded with immigrants from Africa, Asia and Europe.

Modern day Italians are mostly of the moorish variety. Roman genes died out.
>>
>>2955626
"I don't know how genetics works."
>>
>>2955639

>triggered mudblood
>>
>>2955626
so, romans were blacks
>>
>>2954790

Romans were always a minority, racially speaking. Modern Italians are descendants of Rome, of the Etruscans, of the Magna Greeks, of the Sabines, as well as of the Langobards, Goths, Normans, and everyone else who has contributed to the genepool over the past 3,000 years.
>>
>>2954790
They mainly descend from the people living in Italy at the time, plus slaves, immigrants, and Hannibal's army.

What do you think, that only romans reproduced in Italy?
>>
There needs to be a distinction between nationality and ethnicity.
The latins were the original Romans, but by the the time of the empire the Latins weren't the only romans.
You should be asking if there are any real Latins left.
>>
File: 1488435260421.png (61KB, 1144x277px) Image search: [Google]
1488435260421.png
61KB, 1144x277px
The genetic profile of the Italian peninsula have been basically the same since Roman times. There are genetic researches proving that, just google it.
Don't believe in meme answers like "no, they were flooded with immigrants and mixed with them!!" because that's literally wrong. The north african admixture is way before the Romans.
>>
>>2954821
"nothing can make me believe..."
There's that famous Roman stubborness!
>>
>>2956908
Latins and etruscans were probably descendents of magna greeks to begin with. Romulos and Remo were literally the sons of a Greek king in their creation mythos and the real life archeological findings also lead to the conclusion that Rome was a greek ethnic city, At least at first.
>>
>>2954821
Mussolini kind of looks like he's related to Scipio Africanus.
>>
>>2958352
If only he were as smart as him.
>>
File: Roman ethnic.jpg (225KB, 1807x823px) Image search: [Google]
Roman ethnic.jpg
225KB, 1807x823px
>>
>>2956898
WE
WUZ
LATINS
AND
SHIET
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.