[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

name as many reasons why the Roman Empire is the greatest nation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

name as many reasons why the Roman Empire is the greatest nation that ever existed.
>>
Julius Caesar
>>
You can nitpick but generally their military was top-tier
>>
>>2952991

language
legions
laws
medicine
roads
bridges
aqueducts
thermae
tunnels
theaters
circus
bread
sponges
sandals
togas
memes
>>
>>2953142
sponges?
>>
File: 1200px-Xylospongium.jpg (67KB, 1200x701px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Xylospongium.jpg
67KB, 1200x701px
>>2953167

behold the GLORY OF ROME
>>
>>2952991
Jesus fucking christ an empire isn't a nation.
>>
>>2952991
Publius Cornelius Scipio Africanus
>>
>name as many reasons why the Roman Empire is the greatest nation that ever existed.
When you try to revive it, the Jews misbehave.
>>
>>2953437
?
>>
It is the inspiration of many of history's greatest LARPers

i.e. Charlemange
A whole host of Byzantine emperors
Tsars
Napoleon
Hitler
Americans
>>
>>2953179
imagine sharing a sponge at the bathhouse to wipe your ass with
>>
Their decision to govern through efficient (on paper) bureaucracy and through the rule of law is basically the model for every nation state in the civilized world.
>>
>>2955013
>byzantine emperors
at least they were legitimate successors to ancient rome and in many ways the transition from ancient rome to medieval byzantine is not super different from the roman kingdom to republic to classical empire.

You also left Mehmet the Conqueror off the list, as well as a bunch of shitheads in the Balkans
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.