[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Thou shall not kill." >engages in centuries

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 3copiar.jpg (68KB, 621x356px) Image search: [Google]
3copiar.jpg
68KB, 621x356px
>"Thou shall not kill."
>engages in centuries of wars to try to impose your subtype of christianity
why are christians such hypocrites?
>>
Its not the christians. Its the empires.
>>
>>2951247
I dunno. Why are you so fucking dumb?
>>
>>2951257
t. triggered christian brainlet
i bet you're american too
>>
File: 0 (2).jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0 (2).jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>2951247
Once Christians became the majority and could no longer play the oppressed religious minority victims, all bets were off.
>>
>>2951247
I believe they would say it's not meant to be a literal interpretation, or something of the sort.
>>
>>2951247
Why are you skipping over the passages where God says murdering the amalekites or the other groups mentioned is a okay and that you should "keep the woman" of these tribes for yourselves? the Bible is clearly not anti-conquest
>>
>>2951301
but the bible surely wouldn't say to kill other christians.
>>
>>2951301
>implying the Amalekites don't deserve it for their atrocities and ambush on the Israelites on (((their))) journey from Egypt in the desert and they aren't obligated to wipe out the descendants of Amalek
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amalek
>Of the 613 mitzvot (commandments) followed by Orthodox Jews, three refer to the Amalek: to remember what the Amalekites did to the Israelites, not to forget what the Amalekites did to Israelites, and to destroy the Amalekites utterly.
>>
>>2951305
People in Early Modern Europe and before that simply did not have the concept of bodily autonomy that we do (see Lynn Hunt) bodies either belonged to the lord (who was anointed by God) or the church. So yes you could kill Christians if you have a divine mandate). Not only that but "other Christians" didn't extend to perceived heretics.
>>
>>2951257
He's just being a fag, anon.
Why do you still expect anything from OP?
>>
>>2951319
>divine rights of kings
this concept makes no sense to me. are you saying god chose ALL the kings in europe? or does each king think of himself as a special snowflake only chosen by god himself?
>>
>>2951247
because faith has always been exploited by the ambitious and unscrupulous to accomplish their own goals

It's certainly nothing unique to christianity. My belief is that the prophets were pure – Muhammad, Jesus, Moses, Abraham, all of them – and that the fault lies with their followers. Following the death of Jesus, the Christian priests blamed the Jews for a crime – which according to Islam, did not take place, but even if it did happen, and Jesus was killed they blamed the entire Jewish people, even though it was perpetrated – if it happened – by one person or a group of people. Even if we assume that the entire Jewish people of those times conspired with the Romans to kill Jesus, how is it the fault of generations of poor Jews over the past 2,000 years? The teachings of Jesus evolved into murder and the Crusades. I denounce the Crusades, not Jesus.
>>
The Bible days "Thou shalt not murder" Not "thou shalt not kill"

Original Hebrew uses the word murder not kill and that is a huge difference.
>>
>>2951386
Only in English there's difference between the two words you angloturd
>>
>>2951330
>doesn't understand one of the most basic things
Go back to >>>R/eddit please as I've never seen someone this dumb before
>>2951247
>crusades were literally Pope trying to get infighting to stop and protection of christians
>you ignore this because you watched kingdom of heaven
>>
>>2951389
Really anon? Got any scholars which go against the mainstream interpretation
>>
>>2951333
HOL UP
>loots caravans
U BE SAYIN
>kills Jews because they reject me as the messiah
WE WUZ
>sets up hippie commune then conquers his home town destroying the tolerated pagans shrines
PEACEFUL N SHIET
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.