[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /his/ think of Hardcore Histories? I recently discovered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: HH.jpg (30KB, 328x328px) Image search: [Google]
HH.jpg
30KB, 328x328px
What does /his/ think of Hardcore Histories? I recently discovered it and heard a couple of Dan's shows, and I really liked them.

Nevertheless, I just made my way through some of the older episodes and they just seem haphazard or insane. As in, I kinda feel like I could've done better with no preparation. Besides that what really made me lose respect for him was when he started talking about X-history and aliens influencing our politics, crap like that, he really sounds like Alex Jones there.

Is he salvageable, as long as I don't pay attention to his older shows or listen to anything related to aliens, or is he a massive waste of time?
>>
its alright if you just take it as entertainment. if listen to them to be informed, you are doing yourself a disservice.
>>
Very comfy episodes. Can't think of any other podcast that can compare.
>>
He gets so much wrong, and inserts so much of his own 21st centural liberal ideology into places it doesnt make sense. He's not very astute or insightful ( or even very well read, he mostly just receruits help from others to write for him), but I admire the effort he puts in.

Listen to Great Courses lectures instead. Yes, they are easily pirated.
>>
why is the logo some guy with mazinger z facepaint?
>>
>>2949688
OP here, "the history of rome" podcast by Mike Duncan is MUCH better researched and seems to be fairly unbiased.
>>
>>2949696
what are some of the most glaring flaws from your point of view?
>>
>>2949696
>Dan Carlin
>liberal ideology

literally what
>>
>>2950023

Indeed that is another good podcast, but it's only about the Roman Empire, what I meant was that I haven't found any podcasts like Hardcore History that focuses on different events, does series, several hour long shows.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.