[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What could've Iraq done here? >urban warfare >massive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 40v1.png (37KB, 459x853px) Image search: [Google]
40v1.png
37KB, 459x853px
What could've Iraq done here?

>urban warfare
>massive SCUD offensive
>blitzkrieg before enemy armies are deployed
>open gates strategy
>chemical weapons
>airstrikes into Israel to provoke Israeli retaliation and make Arab countries join their side
>>
>>2949574
Not invade Kuwait like Michael Bay Villain retards?
>>
File: Glaspie_hussein.jpg (23KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
Glaspie_hussein.jpg
23KB, 450x300px
>>2949590
You forgot the bit where he asked the US for permission and got it
>>
>>2949574

They had no possibility of winning, not least because the regime was wildly unpopular with the common Iraqi citizens. A regime that is loved by its people can TRY to pull a Viet Cong by setting up resistance cells to drag the war on until the attackers lose the will to continue, but a regime that is hated requires open displays of its strength and can't hope to survive such a one-sided invasion.
>>
>>2949574
Nothing, maybe utilize propaganda more but military wise they were fucked
>>
>>2949590
Was Saddam on the spectrum?
>Iran is in disarray from revolution, oh good I'll take their river
>Fail
>Spend 8 years defending from a vengeful Iranian army
>Give up any hope of advancing very early on despite full support from US, USSR, France, Arab World and total isolation of Iran.
>Barely keep human wave attacks by Iranian 14 year olds out of Basra and only by copious chemical weapons use and SCUDding Iranian civilians.
>Be in huge debt to Kuwait who along with Saudi was financing your war effort for 8 years
>Invade them
>>
>>2949606
this is the gulf war

this is 1991 not 2003
>>
>>2949617
Kuwait's support for Iraq was pretty small though

Mostly just arms sales brokering, not huge gifts like the rest of the gulf countries

also apparently after the war they were drilling into Iraqi oilfields
>>
>>2949635
My apologies, I thought I read they'd been pretty heavily giving them loans but it's been a while since I read about it.
>>
File: saddam_kuwai.png (204KB, 1030x727px) Image search: [Google]
saddam_kuwai.png
204KB, 1030x727px
>>2949590
Kuwait brought it on themselves with their slant drilling and oil overproduction.
>>
>>2949635
>>2949692
The official Iraqi casus belli was "they're slant drilling into our oil"

The real reason is that they owed Kuwait upwards of 20 billion dollars and they didn't want to pay back.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.