[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What caused the Bronze Age collapse? How come we have no solid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: Bronze_Age_Collapse.png (619KB, 1132x636px) Image search: [Google]
Bronze_Age_Collapse.png
619KB, 1132x636px
What caused the Bronze Age collapse?
How come we have no solid evidence of what happened?? It was a huge disaster!
The Hittites fell, The Egyptians were BTFO for centuries to come, the Greeks forgot how to write! What???
>>
Iron technology replacing bronze caused destabilisation
>>
here's a whole lecture on it. you'll learn more from that than from random posters on /his/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRcu-ysocX4
>>
>>2948264
Not really, he doesn't say much about the sea peoples, he just talk about them generically for like 2 minutes.
I've made more informative posts about them on his before
>>
>>2947827
>How come we have no solid evidence of what happened
We have plenty of evidence for what happened, just nothing pointing to one big disaster. That points to it being a combination of factors - droughts, famines, plagues, and migrations - all compounding over a time period to destabilize and topple the major civilizations of the time.

The Greeks forgetting how to write in particular isn't all that surprising. I don't know the specifics for Mycenaean and Minoan culture, but if they're anything like Ancient Egypt, then literacy would be the domain purely of a small literate class of bureaucrats - likely less than 10% of the total population. Literacy was only perpetuated by the needs of the state, so the collapse of the state and the eventual dying off of that literate class would mean that literacy could die off fairly fast.
>>
Bond event caused a Germanic chimpout, same thing happened again 1500 years later leading to the collapse of the Roman Empire.
>>
>>2948627
wait a minute maybe you're onto something
>~1200 BC - proto-proto-Germanics chimp out and destroy civlization
>~300 AD - Germanics chimp out and destroy Rome
>1900 AD - Germans chimp out and destroy Europe
Maybe Germans work like climatic cycles.
>>
>>2947827
Greeks were thicker back then
>>
>every other civlization of relevance collapses
>survives
Why was Egypt so great /his/?
>>
File: 1474767984898.jpg (140KB, 680x960px)
1474767984898.jpg
140KB, 680x960px
>>2948768
>u will never see a 100% preindo-European qt
Its a shame. something really haunting about them. I don't even think Sardinians or Basques have much lineage from those people
>>
>>2948264
>>2948569
He shows that it was not one demonstrable event that caused the collapse of multiple peoples, he concludes that many events occurred that generally collapsed the palace driven centralized kingdoms/empires.

The collapse of the Western Roman Empire is a similar event/events, that cannot be summed up in one point in history. The Sea Peoples were not alien to the region, Egypt settled them and used them as mercenaries prior to 1177BC.

Basically this
>>2948604
>>
>>2948864
>I don't even think Sardinians or Basques have much lineage from those people

What? Genetically speaking Sards are 94% Preindoeuropean
>>
>>2947827
>Egypt proper was the only area left unscathed
How did this happen?
>>
>>2949095
they had to give up their holdings in the Levant to protect themselves from the sea ppls
>>
>>2949106
But what about the famine, climate effects, etc. that totaled everyone else's civilization?
>>
>>2949108
Yes, Egyptians had a little something called the Nile
>>
>>2947827
Ever heard of Noah? This is simple history.
>>
>>2949128

lol
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.