[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does art evolve and influence other arts? I just can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

How does art evolve and influence other arts?
I just can't grasp my head around this
How come some people draw miniatures/sculpt statues/build buildings different from others?
What are the motives and characteristics of certain art styles?
Like the Greek art style for example, what makes it "Greek"? How was it influenced by Egyptian art and how did it influence Roman art?
>>
shameless bump
>>
can somebody help
>>
Imagine a line of hundred people. Now I will tell the farthest left person a story and ask him to paraphrase that story and tell it to the person next and have that person tell the person to his right and so on. Now suppose each person says the same thing at roughly 90% of the original message (since they're paraphrasing it).

Imagine that it took an hour to get from the starting point to the end point. By the end of the line, what the person paraphrases will be something thats completely different from what I've initially told the first person.

There's a children's game that people play, its called the "Chinese whispers". Its basically the same thing.

This thing isn't unique by to art or language. Its a natural thing.

But the point is, at what point would you be able say "its what I told" and at what point would you say its an influence? The answer is, the first person I told would be the influence, maybe even the third or the fifth. But by 6-10th, the change would be great enough to be called another style completely. Atleast in our selfish perception. I say selfish, because we want to give these generational changes a substantial self so as to differentiate it from another substantial self. If we had a bigger picture lying around, you'd see that even my own original story wouldn't be an original story, but rather it would be a generational story thats combination of may factors. Still the substantial self identity allows us to think that there's a "huge" difference between the two sets of "solid" identities that we have now established over the 6th+ onward derivations. By the end of the 100th person, there would have been significant amount of substantial self-identities among the rank. If we assume every 10 person, another identity arises, then there would be 10 different identities.

So the evolution of art and influences are gradual and with enough distance/time/change, it will become its own thing.
>>
>>2947756
Just conjecturing here, but it looks like the jump from 1 to 2 involved either the invention/discovery of a blue dye, OR that dye became cheap enough to be used in art.

A similar thing for red dye seems to have happened between 8 and 18.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.