[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This might be a weird question but, does anyone know if there's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

This might be a weird question but, does anyone know if there's any big indigenous religions or mytholgies in Africa on the level of the Greco-Roman, I realized I know nothing of Africa's myths and monsters. Here's a pic of a qt in return
>>
>>2946359

Best bets are Igbo stuff, maybe Bantu mythology, Swahili things etc. I don't know too much about African mythology myself. I remember easing that Neolithic myths were fairly uniform across the globe though. Africa, Europe and Asia each sort of converge mythological U once you reach a certain point in time
>>
>>2946359
Egyptian mythology
Phoenicians /carthaginian myth are probably close and share the same root with hellenic - Mesopotamian myths
>>
File: ra_by_trejoeeee-d86t01s.jpg (231KB, 1007x793px) Image search: [Google]
ra_by_trejoeeee-d86t01s.jpg
231KB, 1007x793px
>>
Why are non whites so constantly obsessed with euro culture
>>
>>2946748
The Bantu are the closest there are to a pan-African grouping of peoples, so that'd be the best bet.

>>2946921
They don't have any culture of their own.
>>
>>2946359
There's the Yoruba religion, with strong offshots in the Americas such as Santeria, Macumba and Cadomble
It's fairly similar to greco-roman religion, you have gods with human personalities that rule over some aspect or phenomena
>>
>>2946359
I think that in most of southern and western Africa the beliefs were animist, and that there isn't a unified pantheon because basically everything was inhabited by a spirit or divine figure or was "magic". But there ought to be a mythology, all human groups have stories that they pass down. The lack of unified nations and the insulation of a lot of tribes along with the lack of writing systems in many areas also makes the conception of a mythology as codified and complex as the greco-roman ones rather difficult. A lot of the local beliefs and tales must have been lost when islam and christianity knocked at the door given those religions' tolerance for unbelievers and for other faiths

tl;dr: too many gods and spirits for too many scattered tribes with their own specificities for us to have a decent account
>>
Fuck off culture vulture.
>>
>>2946359
West African stuff is underrated imo
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.