[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did the people of the 50's know that they were living in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1950s.jpg (3MB, 3088x2224px) Image search: [Google]
1950s.jpg
3MB, 3088x2224px
Did the people of the 50's know that they were living in an era that people would love to live in, or feel nostalgic about (Not saying all people today feel this way). How do you know if you are indeed living in an era that people decades later will lust after? Are we in an era like that now?
>>
There will be nostalgia for every era.
Believe it or not, there's already nostalgia for the 2000's.
>>
>>2944471

I'm pretty sure the people in the 1950's would enjoyed the internet and not dying of cancer.
>>
File: sad-keanu.jpg (316KB, 1057x667px) Image search: [Google]
sad-keanu.jpg
316KB, 1057x667px
>>2944504

I'd rather die from cancer by 50/60 than live until 100 in this shit hole of a neutered, materialist society we live in today.
>>
>>2944617

>1950's society not materialist

Wew lad. Thanks for the laugh.
>>
>>2944497
The only thing I feel nostalgia for about the 2000s is trance edm.
>>
>>2944617
The 20s, the 50s and the 80s were probably the most materialistic decades of the past century. They also seem to be the ones that invoke the most nostalgia.
Must be a coincidence! :^)
>>
>>2944667

The average American from the 20s or 50s would seem ISIS tier to libcucks like you today. In my town a survey was taken in the 50s that revealed the number one recreational activity was church attendance.

Just because people enjoyed radio or a new Ford doesn't mean they compare to our materialist, nihilist, hyper individualized (((society))) today.
>>
File: 1461718971978.png (310KB, 723x478px) Image search: [Google]
1461718971978.png
310KB, 723x478px
>>2944683

http://www.christianitytoday.com/history/issues/issue-14/luther-on-use-of-money.html
>>
>>2944662
You're a very bad person.
>>
>>2944471
No, they thought the economic growth would keep going and they didn't think the social changes would have consequences.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.