[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>testifying under oath Is this the most useless measure to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 255263.jpg (76KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
255263.jpg
76KB, 600x600px
>testifying under oath
Is this the most useless measure to ensure somebody tells the truth in court?
>>
>>2942823
if even 20% of the population fears got still then I guess its worth it
>>
Most people understand that if you lie under oath it's a serious criminal offense. That's the end of it, it's pure ritual.

Not even very many Ameriburgers genuinely fear going to hell if they fib after swearing on the local court's Gideon's Bible.
>>
>>2942823

Lying under oath is perjury which is a very serious crime. Whether the person actually believes in the Bible that they're swearing on is kind of irrelevant.
>>
>>2943001
You don't have to swear on a bible.
>>
>>2942823
The fuck else are you going to do, hook them up to lie detectors?
>>
File: 85379110.png (269KB, 750x872px) Image search: [Google]
85379110.png
269KB, 750x872px
>>2942823
You wouldn't believe the crap people think will make them seem innocent
>>
>>2944088
Yes, why not?
>>
>>2942823
Perjury is pretty serious business, man.
>>
>>2945013
Because lie detector tests are notoriously inaccurate
>>
>>2945013
You can beat lie detectors by clenching your anus.
>>
>>2945028
same goes for prostate exams #lifehacks #yourdoctorwillneverlookyouintheeyeagain
>>
>>2942823
It's not supposed to make sure you tell the truth, that's just a side benefit. It's so that lying has a legal repercussion if it's later found that you did lie.
>>
only for The Dishonest Atheist
>>
>>2942823
I thought that just so they can throw the person in the slammer if they find out later that they lied.
>>
No Christian person would lie after having sworn a oath under God with his hands on the Bible. But it only worked while the society was homogeneous and the people shared the same values. Then diversity and cultural Marxism came along and it was the end of that.
>>
>>2945116
Wrong.
>>
>>2942823
Are you retarded? The point is that if they get caught lying it's a criminal charge of its own.
>>
>>2945123
Am i supposed to read that in Donald trumps voice? Or is that just how you thought it?
>>
>>2945012
What the fuck is up with Florida?
>>
>>2946214
Probably my family..
>>
>>2946214
>fell for the florida man meme

crazy shit happens in every state, florida just has lenient laws regarding what gets out to the public which affects how it's viewed by the public desu

t. floridafag
>>
>>2945013
Go ahead and invent one then.
>>
>>2945013
even the inventor of the lie detector said it was little more than a toy
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.