[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do relationships cause pain? Is it because of desire? Original

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 31.05.06_006.jpg (645KB, 1232x1632px)
31.05.06_006.jpg
645KB, 1232x1632px
Why do relationships cause pain? Is it because of desire? Original sin? Evolutionary mechanism?
>>
>>2941121
Because we see other people as property and get mad when they don't do things as expected.

But don't listen to me, i probably have schizophrenia or something and i have a deep resentment with society and every person who lives with happiness because the world doesn't work as i was told like in my christian household.
>>
>>2941173
Can confirm, see people as property and get mad when they dont do what i want
>>
>>2941173
>>2941182
You mean objectification?
>>
Ideal and realism doesn't work. You have an ideal version of the other person. Reality differs. Therefore suffering.
>>
>>2941189
you can objectify someone without objectifying the whole person. I own my wife's ass for instance.
>>
>>2941189
objectification is the opposite of viewing someone as property, when you objectify them you accept their innate behaviors

for example if your dog keeps shitting on the rug you blame yourself for not toilet training it, if a woman won't have sex often enough you blame yourself for not manipulating her into sex
>>
>>2941121
People are selfish like what this >>2941173 guy said by less schizo.
>>
File: IMG_2236.png (26KB, 918x190px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2236.png
26KB, 918x190px
>>
>>2941371
I like the /his community, you get alot more meaningful discussion then other boards aswell as less /pol in general
>>
>>2941121
Because we're insecure and any perceived slight is a slight on our very essence as human beings. The closer the person the more it hurts because they have a more accurate perception of you. Possibly even better than you yourself have.
>>
>>2941371
And that's a good thing, considering how contrived the historical discussion is here.
>hurr durr I'm gossiping about historical figures post-hoc, acting like I'm personally invested in all their actions
>[insert easily Googeable question here that generates shallow discussion accomplishing nothing more than answering said easily Googleable question]
>[Did X do anything wrong?]
>[Yes, because common knowledge factoid]
>[No, because alternatively edgy, controversial factoid]

Get fucked, faggot. This board was a fucking mistake to begin with, intended for retards who thought they'd be able to whimsically LARP as Romans.
>>
>>2941121
Desire, selfishness, basically this
>>2941173
>>
Equating relationships to seeing people as property is asinine. Desire seems accurate to me. Maybe it's also about making bonds and loyalty.

I think the pain in relationships comes from vulnerability and how much you care about the other person. Opening yourself up to someone means all your defenses are down and that person can hurt you more than others. Ya know 'cause there are personal connections made and those people means something to you.

People as property seems more apt of cucks and swappers who pass their partners around.
>>
>>2941173
>>2941182
t. socio/psychopaths
>>
>>2941121
>Why do relationships cause pain?
Because stupid chemicals in head. I wish I could get rid of them
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.