[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which British castle has the best fortifications and why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Which British castle has the best fortifications and why is it Dover castle?
>>
The pillow fort i'm posting from right now is strong AND comfy. Beat THAT
>>
File: image.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
More proof, as if it was needed.
>>
File: IMG_1342.jpg (24KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1342.jpg
24KB, 275x183px
Edinburgh castle. It is built on a volcanic basalt plug, it is essentially inaccessible from all sides but one. Pictish tribes people didn't even bother with a castle when they lived on the castle rock and relied on its natural defenses for the most part.
>>
>>2938931
has it ever been taken ? looks neat
>>
File: IMG_1345.jpg (86KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1345.jpg
86KB, 400x267px
>>2938931
Better picture.
>>
File: IMG_1346.jpg (169KB, 417x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1346.jpg
169KB, 417x640px
>>2938945
Yeah it's been taken a few times by the English and back again by the Scots. Usually using subterfuge rather than brute force. Pic related was a raid where according the story 30 men managed to take the castle from 325 strong English garrison. One of the former guards supposedly used to climb out during duty go carousing about the town and then climb back up before anyone noticed he was gone. The guy showed the Scottish soldiers his secret path and they swam across a lake in their armor at night and climbed up over the walls, re took the castle, realised they did t have enough men to hold it and burnt it to the ground rather than let the English have it. There are a few other stories about Scottish soldiers beating up some English traders and soldiers down by the docks and stealing their clothes etc and hiding soldiers under supplies in wagons to sneak them in and take the castle.
>>
>>2938976
>if we can't have it, no one will.
this is why we can't have nice things, Robert.
But it got rebuilt even nicer, so it's all good, my niall
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.