[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it cool to discuss the various schools of Buddhist thought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: b41121d1a7d5cee7b1e72fd1b6bae5ba.jpg (960KB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
b41121d1a7d5cee7b1e72fd1b6bae5ba.jpg
960KB, 1000x1414px
Is it cool to discuss the various schools of Buddhist thought here. I'm kind of at an impasse reading the Tipitaka. How can one love fellow man and yet remain detatched from mankind? How does one live in samsara yet ultimately remove earthy desire? Therevada Buddhism is confusing.
>>
>>2936096
>Is it cool to discuss the various schools of Buddhist thought here
Yeah, since there's no theology thread, they tend to get dumped here.
As to your question, I can't help.
>>
>>2936105
Well damn. No one else is studying the Pali Canon?
>>
File: 1492994735800.jpg (513KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1492994735800.jpg
513KB, 2048x1365px
>>2936096

Seems pretty straight-forward to me. What's so confusing about it?
>>
>>2936152
It's the problem of the Tathagata speaking in paradox to instruct his bhikkus. My mind can't wrap around the idea. For example, he describes how he neither moves nor sinks when faced with the currents of samsara. I fail to understand how the Buddha can remain in a place yet not be there.
>>
Clearing the path by Nanavira Thera might help you out desu.
>>
>>2936165
The teachings of Buddha allows you to go beyond the normal realms of experience. Obviously with rewriting the core axioms. Axioms like the no-self and impermanence. Yet during the rewriting of the core axioms, you are still bound by the old axioms of self and permanance.

How can he be talking about two things at same time? Because the framework of the teaching requires you to change yourself in the process. Not just observe and read shit. This means you must meditate to go further up the teaching. If you do not meditate, and are just reading, you're not really a "buddhist" per-se. Or in theravadan words, "stream enterer".
>>
File: 63005458_p2.jpg (615KB, 2507x3541px) Image search: [Google]
63005458_p2.jpg
615KB, 2507x3541px
>>2936096
I only really know about Buddhism from anime, so can you guys recommend me some Buddhist sex cults to read about?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.