[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best /his/tory channel on youtube, and why is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: photo.jpg (109KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
109KB, 900x900px
What is the best /his/tory channel on youtube, and why is it BazBattles?
>>
>>2936031
Baz is quite good.

Other good ones, in no real order:

*Historia Civilis
*The Great War
*Metatron
*Thegnthrand
*Scholagladiatoria
*KnyghtErrant

Mapping subset
*EmperorTigerstar
*Suomi
*KheyPard
*GalacticPenguin
*Historical Map Animator
>>
>>2936070
>Metatron

You take that back right now.
>>
>>2936095
Why? He's usually pretty good about citing source and whatnot.
>>
>>2936070
Historia Civillis is a god tier channel
>>
File: squarekino.png (133KB, 630x421px) Image search: [Google]
squarekino.png
133KB, 630x421px
>>2936031
that's where you're wrong kiddo
>>
>>2936031
He has good production quality and its nice for a quick watch, but if you really wanna learn anything in depth watch lectures uploaded by Yale, the Oriental Institute of Chicago University or any other reputable institution rather than youtubers,
>>
>>2936070
>The Great War
Meme tier
>>
>>2936031
CrashCourse
>>
>>2936471
historia civilis is god tier
>>
>>2936471
Avé!
>>
>>2936622
cant stand him either.
not his content, him.
>>
>>2937541
>>2936622
seconded
it's an okay channel, but the host is super annoying and the episodes are so bloated with useless bullshit
>>
Jabzy tends to give good intros
>>
>>2936602
>subjecting yourself willingly to the biased bullcrap of liberal academia
Going straight to the sources is the only way
>>
>>2936070
>>2936436
>>2936793
Historia Civilis. Seriously, can't praise this guy enough. Patrician as fuck. Has like a masters in Roman Studies. Great editing. (those little squares are simple, but so much greater that half the effects other channels use.)
>>
>>2937560

Jabzy is great but it seems like he goes out of is way to justify leftists when they do dubious things. See the Spanish Civil War videos etc.
>>
>not watching assasins creed lets plays and learning your history from them
>>
Historyden is a fairly underrated channel, its not as good as Historia Civilis but its still pretty decent:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmmMFJIKfsSLNVxA55Kt42Q/videos
>>
>>2936031

Invicta does some 10/10 documentaries with rome total war II, worth a watch.
>>
>>2936031
I think EmperorTigerstar, Suomi and JakeMapping are the best three channels from the mapping community.
>>
>>2937562
Not a single one of the lectures I've watched so far have been biased SJW bull crap or whatever you wanna call it, you might want to take your tinfoil hat off. If you watch a lecture on "white privilege and the benefits of being a fatass" or some shit like that then you're just looking for something to be enraged. But the ones I've watched, such as the period right after the fall of the WRE, the survival of Assyrian cities after the fall of central Assyria, and even the American Civil War have not been full of liberal propaganda as /pol/ would like you to believe. Also
>implying primary sources aren't biased
>implying you can simply pick up Gregory of Tours and understand everything he talks about.
You would be missing the context, interpretation and comparative interdisciplinary analysis which 2 centuries of academia have provided, otherwise you'll simply believe anything Suetonius or any other biased chronicler (basically all of them) say.
>>
>>2936031
MilitaryHistoryVisualised
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.