[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So did the HRE ever combine themselves against a common enemy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0607.png (119KB, 250x325px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0607.png
119KB, 250x325px
So did the HRE ever combine themselves against a common enemy or were they always selfish bastards?
>>
>>2935691
The HRE only became super decentralized after the death of Frederick II in 1250.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Roman_Empire#Interregnum
>>
I'll do it since someone is bound to do it at some point
>H
>R
>E
>>
They fought as a pretty cohesive entity in the Great Turkish War.
>>
was there a Kingdom of Germany within HRE or is it just a bunch of regions named that?
>>
>>2936044
"Germania" was purely a geographic term.
>>
>>2936044
IIRC the kaiser was usually crowned King of the Germans as well
>>
>>2936044
In the early times the HRE was made of four constituent kingdoms: Germany (which was composed of all the major duchies), Italy, Burgundy, and Bohemia. The actual title of emperor was generally conferred pretty late in the reign of the Emperpr, so he spent most of his time as the King of the Germans. The elective nature of the HRE came from the Germanic tradition of the king being merely the first amongst equals of all the leading groups. The heir apparent would also be named the King of the Romans, although that didn't come with any specific territory.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.