[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where does power comes from? And i dont mean physical power ofc.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1496982604779s.jpg (2KB, 83x125px) Image search: [Google]
1496982604779s.jpg
2KB, 83x125px
Where does power comes from? And i dont mean physical power ofc.

I'm writing my thesis but i cant find anything useful, i'm also shit at google and my town's library is small as fuck
Help me out guys
>>
>>2929188
Assuming this isn't shitty bait, consider the maxim "power resides where people think it resides".

If enough people think a king/president/whatever is unjust, they won't follow them. It's a combination of physical power, game theory, and mass psychology.
>>
File: file.png (56KB, 452x410px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
56KB, 452x410px
>>
>>2929188
Doesn't your university have an online database? Do you go to one of those tiny "literally who" universities that lack sources? Perhaps you didn't go to uni and decided to learn history by yourself, you can still visit a uni library near you though...unless you have no means of transportation.
>>
>>2929188
Read Étienne de La Boétie https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discourse_on_Voluntary_Servitude.
Then look her work https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hannah_Arendt. You other thing like the psy experience on imnate and guardian.
>>
>>2929188
Because people are easily spooked. They elect someone like Chavez and trust him completely because they believe his propaganda. Just 1 example, it is the same with despots and corrupt politicians of any ideology.

Things are a bit different among the upper echeleons where everyone is aware of how the game is played. Here it is a mix of physical power (used as a bargaining chip), negotiation and control of information.

Control of information can be as important as physical power. For example an official can't be sure a bribe isn't a test orchestrated by the spymaster and he won't be tortured to death horrifically for treason if he accepts.
>>
>>2929208
This.

Power comes from being able to convince other people to do what you want. 99% of the time nowadays, this is never direct, as institutions like the Government, and concepts like law and justice indirectly coerce people to do what higher ups tell them to do.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.