[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could someone explain to me again how Aristotle caused the technological

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 87984-004-5ADE9ACA.jpg (27KB, 375x450px) Image search: [Google]
87984-004-5ADE9ACA.jpg
27KB, 375x450px
Could someone explain to me again how Aristotle caused the technological stop of the middleages again? Something about him saying mathe was godly and so Christians thought it to be an insult to god to work out formulas?
Will be much appreciated as I can't find what I'm looking for on the internet, but I know it's decently well known among historians
>>
Is this bait?

Medieval technological inventions include clocks, watermills, gothic architecture, iron ploughs, cannons, vertical windmills, a vast expansion of water-powered mechanisation, tidal mills, mechanical trip hammers, blast furnaces, stern rudders, weight driven clocks, metal rolling mills, treadle-operated vertical looms, steel span crossbows, artesian drilling, chimneys, treadmill cranes, harbour cranes, floating cranes, mast cranes, oil paints, the hourglass, the compound crank, waterpowered paper mills, the dry compass, the astronomical compass, the nocturnal, the albion and the altitudinal dial.

Oh, and the fucking printing press
>>
>>2929158
You are saying the spread of technology was faster in the dark ages than during the classical era, correct?
>>
That makes no sense. How is Aristotle responsible for the technological stop of a civilization centuries removed from his own? It's not his fault they treated him as a prophet and didn't advance scientific knowledge beyond what he had made, when he laid down the foundations for them. Did Newton stop the development of quantum physics or Copernicus and Galileo delay the discovery of the Big Bang theory?
>>
>>2929183
I couldn't possibly make that judgment, but I am saying that the medieval era had a whole host of technological innovations and there was no stagnation to speak of except for a brief period from the 6th century to the 9th

The claim that there was a "technological stop" in the middle ages is absolutely baffling. No historian would ever agree with something like that.
>>
File: enough.jpg (7KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
enough.jpg
7KB, 316x202px
>>2928997
>>2929201

>technological stop of the middleages
There was no stop of technology in the middle ages. Everything from steel plows to water mills to improved saws to better ships were all pioneered in the middle ages. This meme is really fucking annoying.

>>2929183
It's hard to compare the two objectively. I wonder if some sort of quantitative analysis of that could be done.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.