[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

While undoubtedly European, should we consider the Slavic-Orthodox

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: Eastern Europe.gif (99KB, 437x481px) Image search: [Google]
Eastern Europe.gif
99KB, 437x481px
While undoubtedly European, should we consider the Slavic-Orthodox world part of the West as it's commonly understood? Do you personally consider these countries to be Western nations?
>>
>>2927088
yeah they get blamed for hitler and slavery like the rest of us. why not
>>
>>2927088
No, they simply are not. Also your op pic is wrong, most countries there are not orthodox
>>
>>2927119
>. Also your op pic is wrong, most countries there are not orthodox
I meant to include all slavs and all orthodox nations. I know they aren't synonymous. Also the Baltics and Hungary are neither orthodox nor slavic but are oftentimes considered Eastern Europe.
>>
The west is Europe while the East is Asia.
>>
>>2927755
>Russia is the West
lmao no.
>>
>>2927088
West is traditionally the ones excluded from the map plus Poland, Hungary, Czechoslovakia, Slovenia and Croatia

The rest is Europe but not Western Civilization
>>
>>2927777
>Greece
>Not Western Civilization
Waste of quads desu
>>
West = Catholicism
>>
>>2927810
Classical Greece and Rome arguably gave birth to the West but the Orthodox Eastern Europe as well. Orthodox Greece/ERE/Russia ≠ The West.
>>
>>2927818
So you think that Latin America and the Philippines are part of the West but places like Denmark and the UK aren't?
>>
>>2927818
The Philippines is catholic. Are they western?
>>
>>2927810
Modern Greece is different from Ancient Greece.
>>
>>2927810
It's not. It's been called "east" since ERE. Hence eastern orthodox, albeit oriental orthodox is synonymous.

People think it's western because oof how Thermopylae saved democracy or something, and politically loud people got it all mixed up thinking democracy must be from the west so Greece is in the West.

That's literally how it happened.
>>
>>2927824
Imagine that Western and Eastern Europe are childs of same father, but with different moms
>>
>>2927833
I'd say they are a mixed civilization. Part Spanish/Western, Part SouthEast Asian/Oceania/Malay/Whatever the hell Philippinos were before the Spanish arrived.
>>
>>2927844
This, we are brothers
>>
>>2927088

They are the west when we talk about ancient history. But the goalposts move after the Middle Ages. Also it's funny to see the Baltic countries on that map, but not Finland, I guess it's simply a map of ex Soviet countries minus Austria.
>>
>>2927853
>Also it's funny to see the Baltic countries on that map, but not Finland
I agree. I think Finland is just so accustomed to be put in Northern Europe people can't see it any other way.

Personally I think all of Europe is the West (including Russia) but the West itself is diverse like the East. I'd say Eastern Europe and South-Eastern Europe as portrayed in this map are simultaneously East and West while Southern, Central, Northern and Western Europe are purely the West.
>>
>Baltics
>Slavic-Orthodox nations

lol
>>
File: Western Civlization Cores.jpg (182KB, 576x620px) Image search: [Google]
Western Civlization Cores.jpg
182KB, 576x620px
These are the only territories that can ever be considered Western.

and that map is being way too generous putting northern Italy on there, they've fallen way too far from grace to deserve the title of Western.
>>
File: The_Western_World.png (217KB, 1280x642px) Image search: [Google]
The_Western_World.png
217KB, 1280x642px
>>2927088
>>
>>2927878
I agree with this. Add USA, Austrlia, Canada and Zealand and you have the whole "West"
>>
>>2927887
>Bulgaria is the West but Serbia isn't
wut?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.