[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't the golden horde convert to orthodoxy after it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1496567515135.png (125KB, 912x672px) Image search: [Google]
1496567515135.png
125KB, 912x672px
Why didn't the golden horde convert to orthodoxy after it conquered Kievan Rus while the Ilkhanate converted to Islam after it conquered the Abbasids?

pic completely utterly unrelated
>>
>>2926407
The Ilkhanate temporarily converted to Christianity western rite, they became muslims because it was the religion of their conquered people and they did not want to lose their empire further
It also justified their lifestyle, of raping pillaging and enslavement
>>
The Mongols didn't take religion very seriously. They accepted all religions in their empire and adapted and converted pretty much all the faiths they ever encountered.
Maybe the Rus just didn't exert the same amount of pressure on their conquerors or it didn't seem as pressingly necessary as converting to Islam seemed with the Abbasids.
>>
>>2926416
But the Russians were also conquered and the mongols converting to orthodoxy would mean that they exerted more control over powerful dangerous vassals(*ahem* muscovy and novgorod) yet they didn't. Maybe this caused the downfall of the golden horde since they were always viewed as foreign oppressors.

>It also justified their lifestyle, of raping pillaging and enslavement
But poles and ukrainians tell me that Russian orthodoxy justifies raping, pillaging and enslavement
>>
>>2926416
>It also justified their lifestyle, of raping pillaging and enslavement

Christianity does the same

see: European colonisation of the Americas

>>2926420
This. A lot of them claimed to be Buddhists despite living a contradictory lifestyle of raping & pillaging
>>
File: Genghis Khan and the Mongols.png (366KB, 1797x2589px) Image search: [Google]
Genghis Khan and the Mongols.png
366KB, 1797x2589px
>>2926420
This.
>>
>>2926420
>didn't take religion very seriously
>sacrificed their lives to keep Genghis's burial site secret
>exempted religious leaders from taxes
>patronized religious works

I guess America has never been religious because of their religious freedom

>>2926577
That picture is literally cringeworthy. You realize there were Christian Mongols before Genghis was born, by the way?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.