[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Rejects alliance from Germany in favor of maintaining one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: Kossak_Józef_Piłsudski.jpg (313KB, 605x800px) Image search: [Google]
Kossak_Józef_Piłsudski.jpg
313KB, 605x800px
>Rejects alliance from Germany in favor of maintaining one with France and Britain
>Only for Poland to be invaded by Germany and the USSR while the allies do nothing, and not even getting its independence back when the war is finally won
Is there any bigger diplomatic fuck up in history?
>>
>>292630
France had always saved Poland (1807, 1918) while Germany always annexed it (1795, 1815).

Also, trusting Germany was dumb as proven by Hitler betraying the USSR
>>
>>292630
Yes, allying Germany and get fucked anyway.
>>
>>292630
Pilsudski didn't reject Germany, Beck did.
>>292856
If you'd read up on Hitler, you'd realize that he highly respected Poland and his ideal scenario was allying with Poland and Britain against the USSR. More than anything he just hated commies.
>>
>WWII ends
>no more Jews and gypsies in Poland
>don't have to worry about shitty eastern territories filled with Ukrainians and Belorussians anymore
>get A++ developed German clay with all the Germans already removed
>Stalin rebuilds your country for you

Pretty good deal if you ask me.
>>
>>292859
You know what's worse than Polan trusting french and bongs? Germany trusting Austria-Hungary and Italy not to be shit.
>>
File: paper3-9-8.jpg (331KB, 1020x805px) Image search: [Google]
paper3-9-8.jpg
331KB, 1020x805px
>>292869
>Stalin rebuilds your country for you

JUST
>>
>>292877

Eastern Europe was always shit, big surprise. Siding with Germany wouldn't have made Poland's situation better.
>>
>>292880
It wasn't.

/r/ that GDP graph with Eastern European countries being on par with the west in 1948 and lagging behind even shitholes like Greece and Portugal by 1989
>>
>>292869
>>no more Jews and gypsies in Poland
>>don't have to worry about shitty eastern territories filled with Ukrainians and Belorussians anymore
>>get A++ developed German clay with all the Germans already removed
>>Stalin rebuilds your country for you

Literally Retard: the Post
>>
>>292892

hey friend did my truths upset you?
>>
>>292880
>Eastern Europe was always shit, big surprise.
Damn I almost fell for it. 8/10
>>
>>292863

Making Poles and Soviets fight and later swoop in for free Lebensraum? No wonder he liked that scenario.
>>
File: PicardMildDisgust.jpg (25KB, 374x241px) Image search: [Google]
PicardMildDisgust.jpg
25KB, 374x241px
>>292863
Yes, Hitler highly respected Poland. That's why he set to wiping their capital and heart of their cultural identity off the fucking map in addition to killing millions of them.
>>
>>292630
>Asked France are they gonna to advance in Germany in case of German attack on Poland.
>OF COURSE WE WILL
>Germany demands Danzig.
>Are you really gonna to help up, France?
>OF COURSE I AM.
>Oh well, war then.
>...
>France?
>....
>France????
>......
>Saar Offensive

I blame France.
>>
>>292630

>Germans: Western lands of Poland need to return to the Reich!
>Soviets: People of Poland want to become a part of our glorious union!
>Any of the above being a reasonable choice for an ally
>>
so if you are poland and want to survive what the fuck do you actually do?
>>
>>294564

The only suitable answer is for Poland to reclaim its lost clay.

Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth when.
>>
File: image.png (183KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
183KB, 640x1136px
>>292887
Here you go, lad
>>
>>294578

Pilsudski tried to convince French to make a joint military intervention in mid-thirties to force Germany to stop their military buildup, but French were not interested.

Sometimes there are no good options.
>>
Is Polands military throughout history considered based or no?
>>
>>294603
The French wanted to do something about the remilitarisation of the Rhineland but the Brits refused to help them, so nothing happened to stop Hitler since the French didn't want to look like the asshole bullying poor helpless Germany.
>>
>>292869
>>get A++ developed German clay with all the Germans already removed
more like A++ developed German ruins and ashes
>>
>>296206
pretty mid tier, pretty good at battles, shit at winning wars
>>
>>292630
Axis would lose anyway and Poland would get fucked over all the same with the added benefit of being seen as the bad guy.
>>
File: oVivRC1.png (839KB, 750x3250px) Image search: [Google]
oVivRC1.png
839KB, 750x3250px
>>292880
>>
>>296350
how the flying fuck is the USSR so rich despite all the shit that went down there?
>>
>>296358
Probably a combination of misreporting figures and the "success" of the 5-year plans. The Soviets did manage to industrialize Russia, albeit at the cost of several million lives.
>>
>>296358
Because GDP isn't a measure of how "Rich" you are. Same reason why Germany's is so high in 1938.
>>
>>292863

That's bullshit. As early as 1925 Hitler declared that he was gonna "make room" in Poland and Russia for his future german Volk.

Hitler devised the schism between Poland to further his own ends, just as in Austria and in Czechoslovskia. He even faked a polish attack on german soil - actually carried out by SS members.

Also, Warszaw was planned for destruction and the polish jews, of which there were many, were always meant to be exterminated.
>>
>>296350
>>296358
>>297316

http://www.jeeh.it/articolo?urn=urn:abi:abi:RIV.JOU:1976;2.273&ev=1

I went and found the source of the figures, peer reviewed journal and the author uses western estimates that according to the study are far below the official figures
>>
File: eu spend and contribution.jpg (92KB, 940x635px) Image search: [Google]
eu spend and contribution.jpg
92KB, 940x635px
>>294578
You join the EU
>>
>>292630
>Is there any bigger diplomatic fuck up in history?

Yeah the Munich Agreement and actually thinking Hitler honoured his word.
>>
>>292892
Sounds like Poland got a pretty good deal.
>>
>>297457
>mean figures instead of per capita
nice misleading senpai
>>
>>292630
If that's what happened, I guess not, considering how the world is now.
>>
File: 1376249258316.jpg (32KB, 301x317px) Image search: [Google]
1376249258316.jpg
32KB, 301x317px
>>292887
Just kill me now.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.