[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To what extent was the average German soldier aware of Hitle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: zere.jpg (50KB, 600x452px) Image search: [Google]
zere.jpg
50KB, 600x452px
To what extent was the average German soldier aware of Hitler's plans for lebensraum and colonization of Eastern Europe?

I know that the Nazis distributed pamphlets to soldiers like "Der Untermensch" which makes the case for genocide-based expansion.

http://www.holocaustresearchproject.org/holoprelude/deruntermensch.html

But to what extent did the average Hans believe in it or was motivated by it?

Even though I have a cynical attitude to human nature, I honestly have a hard time believing millions of normal people would read something like this and risk their lives carrying out something so obviously wrong as genocide. Am I stupid or what? I feel like if I was a German soldier and read "Der Untermensch", I would just say fuck it and desert the Wehrmacht.
>>
>>2918053
Yes
>>
>>2918053
Well they'd only have to open mein kampf, it's all laid out in there, i'm pretty sure they were all fully aware that they were going to destroy communism and turn the land into their new frontier to be colonised.
>>
German nationalist circles had been interested in dominating Eastern Europe since the 19th century. Imperial Germany went halfway, planning to annex parts of Poland and the Baltic states while setting up several puppet states that would be exploited for resources like Ukraine.

The average German soldier was motivated partly by revanchism--the war was started over Germany claiming Danzig and the Polish Corridor--but the war against the Soviet Union was justified as a war against communism (Jewish Bolshevism), with Generalplan Ost being rolled in slowly.
>>
>>2918053
Conquering and settling Eastern Europe doesn't inherently mean genocide.
>>
>>2918082

t. person who probably thinks that immigration is white genocide
>>
>>2918065

How did it not bother them that such a plan would inevitably involve killing large amounts of peaceful civilians? Only a nation with a literally subhuman moral compass could even conceive of something like this.
>>
>>2918082

What do you think the Germans would do if Ivan the farmer refused to leave his hut to make way for Germans? You think they'd give him a stern talking to? Wag some fingers?
>>
>>2918112
>peaceful civilians
Everyone was a partisan to them
>>
>>2918112
You have the mindset and morality of someone who has grown up in easy and peaceful times with everything you've ever wanted in a shop down the road and affordable, you probably don't have major psychological issues from bitter asshole parents and you almost certainly haven't grown up in a culture full of extremely prejudice and racism and hate of anyone different. Nor did you have an education system of this being drilled into you.

The German soldier, like the Japanese, was a young man full of propaganda and indoctrination who wanted to destroy all his enemies thinking it was for the best, making it easy to overlook them being women and children, especially if you're not directly doing it.

Even today in our cushy west it isn't rare to see or hear people saying "Kill all muslims" or "Nuke the middle east" etc, it's that kind of blasé attitude which allows atrocities and genocides to happen.
>>
>>2918117
rifle but in the gut and drag him of to the deportation center?
>>
>>2918089
Are you saying that think that immigration is white genocide? If not then you have no room to criticize my statement.
>>
>>2918117
Violently displacing farmers isn't genocide either.
>>
File: 1.jpg (52KB, 432x640px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
52KB, 432x640px
>>2918137
The laws of war meant it is illegal to kill non-combatants

The german army ignored these laws in the east and were sent on a war of extermination by their commanders
>>
File: the germans.png (68KB, 761x516px) Image search: [Google]
the germans.png
68KB, 761x516px
>>2918442
>Rules of war
They're just guidelines bro
>>
>>2918112
We're talking about Germans here. They don't think or feel things the way you or I do.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.