[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would things have been different in the UK if the IRA had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Harrods 1983.jpg (636KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Harrods 1983.jpg
636KB, 1500x1000px
How would things have been different in the UK if the IRA had used Islamist-style tactics instead of western ones? IE, aiming for maximum fatalities during attacks. So instead of killing 6 people by bombing Harrods, imagine they had killed several hundred and brought down much of the structure.

How would that have changed the tenor of the conflict and the British government's reaction to it?
>>
Well, we all know we can't crack down on the IRA and it's sympathizers too much, resiting them is exactly what they want us to do! We can't risk radicalizing more Irishmen, Patrick O'Murphy the mayor of London (which is may remind you currently 70% Irish Catholic) told me so!
>>
>>2916332
Honestley I think it would have made them less effective, and lead to greater crackdowns.
>>
>>2916342
Are you implying that anyone has ever said that we shouldn't crack down on Islamic terrorist organizations too much and that doing so will radicalize more Muslims? No one has ever said that, what people are saying is that implementing anti-Muslim policies (such as a ban on the Quran and building of mosques advocated by some far-right parties in the West) will radicalize more Muslims, not that we shouldn't be too harsh towards Islamic terrorists.
>>
They're the same in the popular mind, retards have the gall to compare the IRA to ISIS often enough anyway
>>
>>2916411
>They're the same in the popular mind

Only in Britain
>>
>>2916390
Yes yes merely admitting that the imams are shitheads who should be surveilled is considered an "anti muslim" policy.

Shove it Abdul.
>>
>>2916332
>if the IRA had used Islamist-style tactics instead of western ones?

I think you'll find that many 'islamist' terrorists from the early period took inspiration from IRA style campaigns.
>>
>>2916447
Such a policy would be discriminatory against Muslims, yes.
>>
>>2916332
>killing hundreds
ISIS attacks have done more scaring than killing same with IRA, my parents were both a train away from one that got blown up. Also just wounding not killing does sometimes give you moral high ground as then people can say you just want to negotiate not genocide
>>
>>2916512
We all know where this heading in less than a generation I think it's time you drop the pretense Mohammed...

And just like the IRA ultimately lost so will you :^)
>>
>>2916342
Not London got Paki'd a long time ago
>>
britain would have gone full dictatorship probably with the christian equivalent of bashar al assad in charge
>>
File: 1489719126070.jpg (33KB, 400x343px) Image search: [Google]
1489719126070.jpg
33KB, 400x343px
>Harrods is a luxury department store located on Brompton Road in Knightsbridge, London. It is owned by the state of Qatar.
Yeahhhhh....the anglos are done for.
>>
>>2916554
Free market rules.
>>
>>2916332
It would be completely counterproductive as the IRA was dependent on the support of their communities and international sympathy in America and continental Europe for their cause. Committing horrific atrocities will rapidly drain their support, and the British would easily be able to portray themselves as having the moral high ground.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.