[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>June 5th Some of you fellas are pretty darn swell. Don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: kenburnssoldierlg.jpg (29KB, 400x360px) Image search: [Google]
kenburnssoldierlg.jpg
29KB, 400x360px
>June 5th

Some of you fellas are pretty darn swell.

Don't go to the beach tomorrow, if you live in Occupied France.
>>
>>2915101
The casualty rate was actually really low. The Americans and Anglos utterly wrecked the Germans. The one sided nature of that battle really doesn't get emphasized enough.
>>
>>2915106
Then why did it take 11 months to reach the Elbe?
>>
>>2915112
They were too busy rounding up prisoners.
>>
>>2915123
The Germans captured 5 million prisoners in Barbarossa and it didn't stop them from covering the distance from Normandy to the Elbe in half the time.
>>
>>2915138
1. No they didn't, try 3 million.
2. At the cost of over a million causalties and the utter strategic ruination and over extension of their army. I wonder why the Americans didn't do that.
>>
>>2915112
winter + their main objective was Paris in the first place

another goal was not out stretching their supply lines, Germany's fate was sealed by august 44
>>
File: normandy.jpg (41KB, 706x535px) Image search: [Google]
normandy.jpg
41KB, 706x535px
>>2915101
Party on the yacht. The one with the balloons.
>>
File: roosevelt-stalin.jpg (57KB, 720x537px) Image search: [Google]
roosevelt-stalin.jpg
57KB, 720x537px
Thousands of dead ameritards for empire of uncle joe
>>
File: D-Day Prayer.jpg (2MB, 1800x1056px) Image search: [Google]
D-Day Prayer.jpg
2MB, 1800x1056px
>>2915112

Supply problems from having only one major operational port

Market Garden turning into a monumental fuckup

Not seizing Antwerp or another major port until November

Not following Patton's advice and punching right through the Siegfried Line and into Southern Germany stab the beast in the heart

Eisenhower's insistence on a broad advance, which although it prevented disasters like Kursk also took longer and made potentially massive weaknesses difficult to exploit

Battle of the Bulge
>>
>>2916863

>implying those men didn't basically cuck the Soviets by only allowing the Red Hordes to seize half of Germany rather than all of it
>>
File: lmao.jpg (27KB, 500x429px) Image search: [Google]
lmao.jpg
27KB, 500x429px
>>2917178
implying ameritards weren't cucked enough by best comrades in Korea and Vietnam
>>
>>2916863
>Takes the Americans 10 months to reach Berlin
>takes vatniks almost 4 years
>>
>>2917241
[largest country on the planet stands in breadlines as the US sends men to the moon]
>>
>>2917261
so? commie empire was already created, great job, yanks
>>
>>2917273
>doesn't know that Soviets were first in space

I'm sure it also helped ameritards very much to win wars with former comrades in asiatic shitholes lmao
>>
>>2915101
But anon thats a marine in the pacific
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.