[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /his/, Join me on a little brainstorming. Just for shits

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: school of athens.jpg (2MB, 3697x2414px) Image search: [Google]
school of athens.jpg
2MB, 3697x2414px
Hey /his/,

Join me on a little brainstorming. Just for shits and giggles, lets say you were asked to come up with a measurement for the overall greatness of a civilization - a composite measurement of a civs achievements in all fields of endeavor - arts, math and science, military innovation, etc., how would you structure it? What things would you include? How would you measure them?
>>
>>2914168
>tfw a filthy Muslim on my renaissance painting
>>
>>2914168
Innovation is most important as it contributes to the overall progress of humankind.

Also based on the veil of ignorance argument that society should be structured so that the least well off are looked after the most, that should be valued.
>>
Lol I bet niggers wpuld have the lowest numbers haha
>>
>>2914168
Sex Warfare is the sole criterion, brother.
>>
>>2914183
I will shank if you talk smack about averroes
>>
In my opinion, in order to measure achievements you must first look into two aspects to evaluate what the inform is:

1. Application - usability, the immediate value.
a. Achievements now within reach that were not before.
b. Lessened cost or heightened efficiency of current progresss that may hasten future progress.

2. Potential value - the future value this achivemebt may hold.
a. of importance once other subjects are progressed enough to match up.
b. overall addition to database allowing greater flexibility in handling future events
c. Benefits allowed for future generations (example: a piece of theory regarding education models)

All this is based upon my belief that achievements are more far reaching and include smaller information accumulated than socially accepted.
A piece of information regarding a very certain discovery of a new behavior of ants under very specific condition, for instance.

However, we are not supercomputers and it is impossible to cram all that knowledge gathered into one mainframe in order to efficiently combine it all to see how the puzzle fits, and so we must look at these few standards of a civilization:
1. Recording efficiency
The efficiency with information is recorded and preserved in its most perfect form, as well as backed up to avoids loss.
2. Information sharing efficiency
The efficiency in which information can be attained, cost, freedom of speech, free information.
3. Degree of information
How advanced the information is.
4. Refrensing frequency
The rate at which the information is refreshed, tested and verified.
5. Information spread density in population
The amount of people who do have information, despite it being easily accessible and free it may be thay a big presentage of the population isn't interested, is ilitirate and other options which cause information to be locked inside certain circles.

as for what are the categories? Everything that you can record information on and bundle together as a subject.
>>
Oh and fuck me for writing almost 2000 characters for a single comment.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.