[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One Nation, One Language (Traditional Nation-State Model) or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: ThatNewZealanderFeel.jpg (145KB, 887x607px) Image search: [Google]
ThatNewZealanderFeel.jpg
145KB, 887x607px
One Nation, One Language (Traditional Nation-State Model)
or
One Nation, Many Official Languages (India)

Which one is better?
>>
>>2911776
There are at 4 or 5 languages in Western Europe right now that are endangered because of forcing one language.
>>
>>2911776
The second. The first practically guarantees internal conflict because each subculture quickly realizes that whatever subculture takes power will erase the others, and is thus heavily incentivized to view their countrymen as enemies and act accordingly. Plus, with the second traditional cultures and geographical distinctions are not entirely lost. India would be impossible to keep intact if they did not have a policy of multiple official languages and tolerated cultures.
>>
>>2911776
One language is better for stability and bureaucracy.
Multiple languages is better for importing people who are already paid for (the immense monetary and opportunity costs associated with pregnancy, birth, raising a child, and early education) and are debt free (so you can sell them debt).

So if you want to optimize for the individual, pick one language. If you want to optimize for the state, pick multiple languages.
>>
>>2911812
>importing people
Immigrant nations like America, Canada or so on de facto have one language.

I'm thinking countries like India or South Afrrica where they have multiple official languages at the state or national level.
>>
>>2911823
There are many people in the USA that don't speak english, depending on the state it can be double digit percentage of the population.
Northern monkeys in England also can't speak a human language, they imitate it at best.
>>
>>2911823
>Canada has one language

English and French are both our official languages. I understand what you meant though.
>>
Multiple official languages for the protection of established minorities but one overwhelmingly dominant language that everyone must learn.

In Nordic countries Sami languages are officially protected but only in their little reindeer wastelands.
>>
>>2911828
Sorry for forgetting you Quebecois.

>>2911824
>There are many people in the USA that don't speak english
I know but that doesn't mean those many other languages are in any way the official language of government at the state or national level.
>>
One primary language, many secondaries
>>
>>2911781
The strong do what they will, and the weak suffer what they must
>>
>>2911957
Yeah, I agree. The Athenians deserved it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.