[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who built this? Where did it come from? What use did it have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 11

File: Kabba.jpg (242KB, 560x412px) Image search: [Google]
Kabba.jpg
242KB, 560x412px
Who built this? Where did it come from? What use did it have before Muhammad? And why the fuck is it so important before and after Muhammad?
>>
>>2911526
i was pretty disappointed when i learned inside there is literally a well and 3 shitty pillars
>>
>Who built this?
Ottomans in 1629

That's like the 5th reconstruction made by muslims since it repeatedly got destroyed/damaged.
>>
>>2911526
It was a shrine of the religion followed by Meccans. It had idols and Muhammad destroyed them. Accordig to him that shrine was older, from Abraham and Ishmael times, whom built it.t
>>
>>2911552
>destroy the idols
>make the building that held them your new idol

fucking mudslimes
>>
>>2911574
t-they were our sacred places all along
>>
>>2911533
this

it looks like the lobby of some corporate building
>>
>>2911574

It was actually a fairly shrewd economic move from Muhammad.

A large degree of why the ruling elite of Mecca initially opposed him was that his Arab-flavoured Jewish heresy threatened their lucrative pagan pilgrimage trade.

Muslims initially prayed towards Jerusalem and completely disavowed the native Arab pagan gods.

Muhammad then had the genius idea of placing Mecca centre stage in Abrahamic mythology. The Kaaba was revealed to be the first house inhabited by Adam. Abraham and Ishmael supposedly later lived there upon rediscovering the foundations and erecting another house on the site. Additional stories like Zam Zam were introduced and, before long, Muslims had their own pilgrimage ritual based around the Kaaba.

So when Muhammad finally defeated the pagan rulers of Mecca he had a ready-made pilgrimage plan to perpetuate the town's economic prosperity.
>>
File: ibrahim.png (48KB, 220x189px) Image search: [Google]
ibrahim.png
48KB, 220x189px
>>2911526
>Who built this?
It was built by the Prophet Abraham (pbuh)
>Where did it come from?
It's been there since antiquity, it was corrupted by Pagans but Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) brought it back into it's original purpose
>>
>>2911674
>It's been there since antiquity
Can't figure out who built in antiquity?
>>
>>2911588
https://youtu.be/I-MimunZijM?t=1m33s
>>
>>2911613
and then he got kicked out of Mecca anyway
>>
>>2911526
It loses all it's magic when you find out that the black and gold decorating is just a tarp and that it's actually just a grey brick building.
>>
>>2911705
>Can't figure out who built in antiquity?

The Prophet Abraham (pbuh) and the Prophet Ishmael (pbuh)
>>
>>2911800
>The prophet abraham
was that before or after he freed the slaves
>>
>>2911800
What's the evidence beyond the Quran? Can you show any peer reviewed articles, or reputable books besides other Muslims saying "yeah, he did it."?
>>
>>2911862
Your ignorance is showing
>>
>>2911526
what would happen if someone blew that up?
>>
>>2912007
It's impossible.
>>
>>2911760
He was kicked out of Mecca before he retook the monument IIRC.
>>
>>2911526
No one knows how old it is or what civ built it but we know before that it was used to worship the moon goddess
>>
>>2912007

It would explode like any other building.

The Kaaba has been rebuilt several times and would presumably be rebuilt again. There's nothing inherently holy about the building itself. The modern granite structure only dates back to Ottoman times. Even the famous black stone in the corner has been reconstructed over and over again. It's more the site itself rather than the building that is holy.
>>
>>2912007
It would be extremely painful.
>>
>>2911674
>pbuh
Fuck off
>>
>>2912151
Not for jews
>>
>>2912007
kek I don't know why, but I have this desire to defile that whole thing
smear in in pig's blood or a woman menstruation
>>
>>2912482
It's because you're an edgelord.
>>
>>2912249
>complaining about "piss be upon him"
>>
>>2911881
Good argument
>>
>>2911800
there was this guy called abram
from a city called ur
southern modern day iraq
unlike his people
abram believed there was only a single god with many aspects
he was exiled for this, as it threatened the lucrative religious tourism based business of temples
he went to arabia and established a village there, presumably with a large cult with him who believed his ideals
building a temple of his own to his one god, a large cube
he then proceeded to wander and preach his religion across the levant
>>
>>2912007
nothing. conflicts over there happened occasionally, most recent one being: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Mosque_seizure
>>
>>2911588
0 historicity since it's been rebuitl and moved so many times

shame because it's like the oldest religious thing in the area
>>
abraham and isaac
>>
the abrahamic religions are basically different versions of the same story

like spiderman as portrayed at different times by tobey maguire, andrew garfield and tom holland

we'd realise that if we engaged with the theology rather than dismissing it off hand as the domain of a bunch of hipsters and eccentrics
>>
File: Abraham.jpg (29KB, 350x251px) Image search: [Google]
Abraham.jpg
29KB, 350x251px
>>2911674

As you can see Abraham never stepped foot in Mecca. He never even made it within 1000 miles of Mecca.
>>
>>2911862
Google "the temple of paran and mecca"
>>
>>2913821
also>>2914228
>>
File: Paran-is-Mecca.png (527KB, 1038x570px) Image search: [Google]
Paran-is-Mecca.png
527KB, 1038x570px
>>2913821
You're wrong he did
>>
File: images-56.jpg (22KB, 511x288px) Image search: [Google]
images-56.jpg
22KB, 511x288px
>>2912149
>>2913314
>m-muslims are completely rational and w-wouldn't chimp out if anything happened to the kaaba
>>
>>2911674
Mohammad was a psychotic, schizophrenic, murderous pedophile.

He did not remove all of the pagan idols from the kaaba; Hubal is still there. The god of his father.

You worship Ba'al. The Arabs have never worshiped the God of the Jews.
>>
>>2913081
Bullshit.
>>
>>2913821
Very much this. Mohammadans rewriting history to favor their idiotic religion are nauseating.
>>
>>2914311

>Hubal is still there

Sauce?
>>
>>2914287
All of those locations are talking about God, not those men, in that verse.

He said, "The LORD came from Sinai, And dawned on them from Seir; He shone forth from Mount Paran, And He came from the midst of ten thousand holy ones; At His right hand there was flashing lightning for them.
>>
>>2914320
Hubal. HaBaal in Hebrew. The Ba'al (of the Moabites).

The Arabs have always worshiped Ba'al.

Hubal was the principle idol of the Quraysh. Now what tribe did Muhammad belong to? You guessed it, the Quraysh. Did Ibn Kathir say that the god of Muhammad’s family was Hubal? Yes he did. Did Hitti claim that Hubal was the chief deity of the Kabah and also that Allah was the tribal (implying chief) deity of the Quraysh? You bet. Can we therefore draw a valid inference from all of the above and conclude that Allah was the title or name of the chief Meccan deity, Hubal? Indeed we can. After all, you cannot have two chief gods, since chief means the head, the first, the premiere, the most prominent of the pantheon.
>>
>>2914302
>Qarmatians conquer Mekkah
>destroy the Kaaba
>slaughter the pilgrims and fill their body in the Holy well
>steal the Black stone to try reroute the Hajj to their own temple
>what does muslims do?
>they keep going on pilgrimage to Mekkah as normal
You could nuke the place but muslims would still walk around the crater, since it's the place itself that is holy and not the material things.
>>
>>2914338
There's nothing holy about anything in Islam.
>>
>>2914336

You haven't shown how an idol of Hubal is still there.

You've instead made a tenuous inference that completely ignores Islam's slavish dedication to emphasising that Allah is the same God as the God of the Jews.
>>
>>2914338
Why did they chimp out at the saudi policeman resting his foot on it then?
>>
>>2914336

So you have no source for your ridiculous claim then. If Hubal is Allah, please explain why the followers of Hubal fought against the Muslims and were massacred by Mohemmed (piss be upon him)?
>>
>>2914367
the sole is considered "dirty" in Islam, especially shoes (which is why they keep threatening eachother with it in those Memri clips).

so the fact that he would rest his sole upon the holy cube triggered some. not to the point of burning down shops and looting/pillaging like in America but still very haram
>>
>>2914367

They didn't chimp out, though, did they?

Nothing actually happened to him at the time.

A bunch of people just got upset at a picture on social media and the Saudis just had their officers do a bit of sensitivity training.
>>
>>2914373

Different guy here but...

Weren't Umayyad family from Mecca?

Didn't Umayyad shape Islam?
>>
>>2914410

Mohemmed (piss be upon him) was a scion of the tribe who worshiped Hubal, yet he massacred his fellow tribesmen and threw hubal's statue into a cesspit along with all the others.
>>
>>2914410
>Umayyad shape Islam
I doubt it, considering neither Shia's or Sunni's like them that much for the shit they pulled.

The Abbasid period however was responsible for alot of Islamic scholars and theologists that would make way for alot of the modern Islamic interpretation and denominations including the writing of the most important hadiths within Sunni/Shia islam that most follow today.

Also......al-Ghazali
>>
File: das rite.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
das rite.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
>>2912494
>>
>>2913821
I never heard he went to Egypt
>>
>>2914410
Wasn't there one caliphate where the Shia helped them get into power, and then they turned their back on them? Also, that theologically Islam kind of stagnated some?
>>
File: Mohammed_kaaba_1315.jpg (96KB, 626x459px) Image search: [Google]
Mohammed_kaaba_1315.jpg
96KB, 626x459px
>>2915490
It was damaged during Muhammads time by a flood so they needed to rebuild it. It ended with a quarrel on whom should set the Black stone on the side between the clans under Muhammad. So Muhammad decided they should all do it together using a cloak and Muhammad would set it himself in its place.

Then there was the first siege of mekkah where it got severy damaged by fire and needed reconstruction, overseen by al-Zubayr.

It was also damaged severly during the second siege in in 692 which also gave basis for the Umayyads to rebuild it in its original cube form (since the first time al-Zubayr rebuilt it he included the hatīm, as to Muhammads wishes).

Then the Qarmatians took over and destroyed so they could steal the black stone inside while also slaughtering all the pilgrims, etc as >>2914338

Then it was severly damaged again after a flood hit it in 1629 which made the walls collapse so Sultan Murad IV oversaw construction with using granite from Mekkah.
>>
>>2911533
t. Roman Soldier in Jerusalem
>>
>>2914350
Great argument!
>>
>>2911526
what the fuck, you know you can go to google.com and type in "the fucking cube in mecca" or whatever and it will literally answer all of these questions. are you retarded or something? what the fuck is the point of these threads
>>
File: autstic screeching.jpg (85KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
autstic screeching.jpg
85KB, 1280x720px
>>2916997
It's like this is a board about discussing things and people might want to discuss things.
>>
>>2914363
The black rock, the meteorite, used to be Hubal's head.

Really not on me to educate you.
>>
>>2914373
Muslims fight everyone, always, even and maybe especially other muslims, because it's the only way their shit tier religion guarantees them passage to paradise.

Then they execute on said promise, and wake up in hell, with no 72 virgins, no cinnamon rolls, nothing but fire.
>>
>>2916534
Statements of fact are not arguments, not does the truth need an argument to support it. Your infantile empiricism has to go.
>>
>>2918146

Sauce?
>>
>>2913323
All islamic and Arab historical sites in Saudia Arabia are going to be ending up just like that. The Saud family is literally destroying their own history to make more and more resorts, hotels, and commercial areas in their country because the pilgrims to Mecca keep increasing every year.
>>
>>2916997
>>
>>2919399
Don Nigga wants you to join the party because he can provide the Army
>>
>>2911674
>pbuh

You don't suppose that abbreviating the veneration is worse than omitting it completely?
>>
>>2919964
I've seen a lot of Muslims actually do it. I think it got started on Twitter with its character limitations and spread from there.
>>
To say Abraham went to Egypt implies that mosses was also there. That contradicts every single bit of archaeological evidence. Id believe"he"(if he actually existed) would have gone to Saudi Arabia before I'd believe he went to Egypt
>>
>>2920050
Moses was decades if not centuries later. If Moses is real, and any validity to the Bible, it says that there came a Pharaoh who did not know of Joseph and his technicolor dream coat.
>>
>>2911526

Yes what happens inside there?
>>
>>2920028
It predates twitter by a lot, it was a meme on revleft way back in 2004ish and I know I'd heard it before then.
>>
>>2920102
IDK, but it sounds a lot like idolatry.
>>
>>2920102
Namaaz, what happens outside also happens inside. The kabaah is the first ibadahat khana.
>>
>>2918148
>implying Hell has fire
First mark of a "Christian" poster on 4chan: smug satisfaction that God's children are misguided and suffering, implicitely ignoring their own DUTY to their fellow man, by God's will.
>>
>>2920808
>implying a loving father like God would send his children to eternal torment
>>
>>2920810
That's what I'm implying isn't true. "Hell" is death. "Believe in me and know eternal life". What's the opposite? Eternal death of course. Nobody reads the God damn book.
>>
File: kekarot.jpg (71KB, 720x539px) Image search: [Google]
kekarot.jpg
71KB, 720x539px
>>2920822
>God damn book.
>>
>>2911526
Built by Adam as the first place of worship,then it fell into oblivion.after that came Abraham and his and rebuilt it from scratch,while including the black stone in one of the corners to signalise the start of the tawaf (turning around the Kaaba during pilgrimage).at that time Mekka had become a city/ larger village due to the discovery of the zamzam well.the mekkans would rebuild the Kaaba everytime it would get destroyed due to the huge flash floods they suffered.
the next report about the Kaaba comes with the advent of the abbysinian conquest of Mekka because they wanted the Arabs to stop the annual pilgrimage to the Kaaba,in hopes that they would go to the shrine the abbysinians had built in Yemen (dedicated to marry the virgin).
They somehow failed and the Kaaba kept standing.a year later muhammad would be born,and the first mention of the Kaaba in his personal story comes when it was destroyed by ( surprise,surprise) a flash flood.the tribal elders were disputing about who would get the honour of inserting the black stone in its original position at the corner.after getting to the brink of war over their stupidity,they decided to let whoever enters the haram first solve the problem.the person was muhammad.he ordered them to put the stone on a piece of cloth so they would all insert it together.like some mentioned god at first ordered them to pray facing Mekka,then Jerusalem and then Mekka again.i have seen people who claimed that the muslims prayed towards Ethiopia for a while but I found no proof for that.the idols inside the kaaba were destroyed,and I have no data on what happened to the ones outside the haram.the space inside the kaaba is kept empty and there is nothing inside as some claim (no well )
I hope this helps a bit >>2911545
>>
>>2911613
I think you misunderstood the meaning of house there.it means place of worship not house.in the time of mohammed "bait" was a place of worship while "dar" was a the word for house.the to words are interchangeable today
>>
The black stone is a mineral from this planet or outside?
>>
>>2920988
From its description, glossy, inclusions, floats) it sounds like its a glass, could be an impactite (glass formed by meteor impact) as those are reltively common in that part of the world, but volcanic glasses are still much more common

t. Geofag
>>
>>2919964
No.
>>
>>2919964
Not many do
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.