[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: Theodora_(Civ5).jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Theodora_(Civ5).jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
''''''''''actress''''''''''
>>
>>2911480

For most of history "actress" and "prostitute" and "whore" were considered basically synonymous. Only with the advent of motion picture did this change.
>>
"""roman""""
>>
Prokopius talked serious shit about everyone around him though. Called Belisarius a cuckold and thought Justinian was incompetent.
>>
File: theodora2.jpg (305KB, 1125x1500px) Image search: [Google]
theodora2.jpg
305KB, 1125x1500px
>>2911480
Imagine the sex
>>
"""""""""""saint""""""""""
>>
>>2911848
>>2911848
It's quite likely belisarius was a cuckold
>>
File: belisarius total war.jpg (496KB, 1920x1056px) Image search: [Google]
belisarius total war.jpg
496KB, 1920x1056px
J-Justinian can I have my wife back?
>>
>>2911996
You can really tell this shit was made up by a eunuch who had no experience with actual sex.
>>
>>2911840
Motion pictures did little to change this. Women's liberation did most of the heavy lifting.
Even now, women sometimes have to sexually debase themselves to get a job in film, theater, opera, or dance. It still happens despite laws against it.
>>
>>2912005
But his wife wasn't an asshole like JUSTinians
>>
>>2911840
serious: any source on this?
>>
>>2911840
That should really be brought back desu.

>>2912133
"Highbrow Lowbrow: The Emergence of Cultural Hierarchy in America" by Lawrence W. Levine touches on the subject.
>>
File: Empress-Theodora.jpg (38KB, 463x697px) Image search: [Google]
Empress-Theodora.jpg
38KB, 463x697px
>never cheated on her man
>kept the state running when Justinian was ill
>came from nothing made it to the top

bredy gud actually
>>
>>2912027
so, it's like an ancient 4chins green text?
>>
>>2912164
>Constantly tried to poison Justinian's relationship with Belisarius, undermining his authority and needlessly extending the Gothic Wars as a result.
Could have been better.
>>
>>2912202
'fraid so.
Same can be said of the sexual exploits of Catherine the Great. Mostly greentext exaggerations meant to demean her. She had concubines, but nothing like the horse fucking later attributed to her.
>>
>>2912504
>'fraid so.

I'm not trying to get at you here but could you do me a favour and tell me honestly whether you came here from reddit

asking for a friend
>>
>>2911848
Procopius claimed Justinian was literally a demon. His claims about Theodora are the same old stuff Romans like to tell about women they don't like. I mean, Theodora was an actress and, therefore, possibly a prostitute but that's about it. Other unfavorable accounts of her are probably because of her shilling for monophysites.
>>
>>2912010
>stirrups
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.