[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For the sake of the discussion, let's suppose that morality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: smoking2.jpg (38KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
smoking2.jpg
38KB, 1280x718px
For the sake of the discussion, let's suppose that morality is not a spook. Then tell me, /his/: why should I be moral?
>>
if its not a spook then you should do it because its the right thing to do
>>
>>2911183
if it's not a spook then that would presume that there is a logical reason for you to be moral. how ever you hypothetically make morality objective would inherently answer your question
>>
File: 13t356544.gif (167KB, 500x275px)
13t356544.gif
167KB, 500x275px
>>2911183
>It's time for another thread of spooks accusing spooks of being spooks
Maybe this one will be different
>>
>>2911187
>because its the right thing to do
Tautology.

>>2911188
>that would presume that there is a logical reason for you to be moral
No, it doesn't.
>>
>>2911183
>For the sake of the discussion, let's suppose that morality is not a spook. Then tell me, /his/: why should I be moral?
Because the obligation of acting morally is contained within the term 'morality' itself. Morality is a set of rules of conduct, and a rule you are not obliged to follow is not a rule - the term 'rule' presumes an obligation of following it, as without it, 'rule' has no meaning as a term. So, if you uphold morality, you also uphold the obligation to act according to it.

>spooks
Just end your life my man.
>>
File: Kunt.jpg (206KB, 710x735px)
Kunt.jpg
206KB, 710x735px
>>2911183
Because it's your duty, you spook faggot
>>
>>2911370
inb4 OP claims tautology again as if that negates the answer.
>>
You just should. There are certain background things that are true.
>>
Should laws reflect morality? As we make laws that enforce our morality via outlawing murder, rape, etc, should we not legalize things that are amoral?

Is drug use amoral? If not what is immoral about it? I don't mean citing crime as a result of dependency like robbing someone to get money to buy the drugs, but the drug use itself.

Is locking people in penitentiaries a moral way to "rehabilitate" convicts? Is our system hypocritical?

I still can't fathom how far our nation is advanced and yet our criminal justice system is still so flawed and archaic. Progress needs to be made.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.